Error in installing pg-access

From
Bhuvaneswari
Date:
hai,
we are using RedHatLinux-6.2 with Postgresql 6.5.2 and Java, JDBC.
For making reports from the tables we are planning to use PG-Access. We
tried to install it as per the given steps. But, when running pgaccess
from the
directory pgaccess, it strucks with the error as given below:

Error in startup script:couldn't load file
"libpgtcl.so":libpgtcl.so:cannot open
            while executing
"load libpgtcl[infosharedextension]"
        (procedure "main" line 3)
    invoked from within
"main $argc &argv"

- We could not find out where we are wrong. Please help us.
thanks in advance.
bhuvana.

Re: Error in installing pg-access

Date:
> Error in startup script:couldn't load file
> "libpgtcl.so":libpgtcl.so:cannot open

You need to make sure libpgtcl.so and libpq.so are in your library
search path (see /etc/ld.so.conf and ldconfig).

BTW, Postgres 6.5.2 is pretty ancient.  Consider updating.  For one
thing, 7.1's pgaccess is less picky about having the right search path
preset for it.

            regards, tom lane