logs

From
"benoit.le-dizes@voila.fr"
Date:
I want to view events about my databases on a log file

In /var/lib/pgsql/data I have a log directory 'syslog' which contains no files

how can I do in order to have events in a file in this directory ?
Otherwise, what is the better method to view events in a log file ?

I have tryed to configure pg_options for logs but it was not successful

THANKS

Voila vous propose une boite aux lettres gratuite sur Voila Mail:
http://mail.voila.fr

Re: logs

From
Joel Burton
Date:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, benoit.le-dizes@voila.fr wrote:

> I have tryed to configure pg_options for logs but it was not successful

Normally, you want to up your debug level in pg_options.
Can you tell us more specifically what you've tried to do?

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

Re: logs

From
Lamar Owen
Date:
"benoit.le-dizes@voila.fr" wrote:

> I want to view events about my databases on a log file

For version 7.0.x in the RPM distribution:
1.)    Enable syslog in pg_options (see documentation on the levels
necessary)
2.)    Add a line to /etc/syslog.conf for local1 to go to the file you
want.
3.)    Restart postmaster.

This should work, IIRC.
--