ODBC connect in ERWin

From
Niral Trivedi
Date:
All,

Yesterday, I have seen some postings regarding connecting to Remote
PostgreSQL DB using ERWin. And I am having similar question here.

We have PostgreSQL DB on UNIX box. And it is running fine without any
problem. Now, I have ERWin and PostgreSQL ODBC driver from Insight Dist
installed on my local WinNT machine.

Now, I have created a sample reverse engineered an access DB using ERWin.
But When I am trying to forward engineer that to my Remote PostgreSQL db I
am getting ODBC error saying:
'Could not connect to the Server'
'Could not connect to remote socket'

Now, I have already added 'host' line in 'pg_hba.conf' file to give access
to the db from my machine as follows:

host    niral   MY_IP_ADDR   MASKING_ADDR   password
test_niral_users.dat

I have also checked out the 'greatbridge.com' site but couldn't find any
solutions.

So, if anybody has any idea, please help me..

Thanks in advance...

Niral

Re: ODBC connect in ERWin

From
Warren Vanichuk
Date:
> But When I am trying to forward engineer that to my Remote PostgreSQL db I
> am getting ODBC error saying:
> 'Could not connect to the Server'
> 'Could not connect to remote socket'
>
> Now, I have already added 'host' line in 'pg_hba.conf' file to give access
> to the db from my machine as follows:

Have you added the -i option to the postmaster startup to tell it to use
TCP/IP sockets, rather than just the local sockets it sets up by default?

See: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#3.7

Sincerely, Warren

Re: [GENERAL] Re: ODBC connect in ERWin

From
Ed Loehr
Date:
> > But When I am trying to forward engineer that to my Remote PostgreSQL db I
> > am getting ODBC error saying:
> > 'Could not connect to the Server'
> > 'Could not connect to remote socket'

Oh, and I do recognize those error messages as the same that occur when
you are configured for SSH port forwarding but forgot to connect the SSH
session first.

Regards,
Ed Loehr

RE: ODBC connect in ERWin

From
Niral Trivedi
Date:
All,

Thank you all for your response to my previous post. And You were right. I
had now our postgreSQL started with -i option and I am able to connect to it
from my local NT machine.

But now I am getting another problem.. When I go for 'Forward Engineer' the
current physical model, I am getting following error:

Connection is readonly, only select statements are allowed.;
Unrecognized key passed to SQLGetInfo.
Execution Failed!

I have tried to connect using the postgres superuser as well. But no luck. I
have also tried to change my 'pg_hba.conf' file to allow connection as
'trust' so anybody can connect from the specified IP address. But still
getting the same error.

Anybody has any idea??

Thanks again for your continuing support.

Niral

> But When I am trying to forward engineer that to my Remote PostgreSQL db I
> am getting ODBC error saying:
> 'Could not connect to the Server'
> 'Could not connect to remote socket'
>
> Now, I have already added 'host' line in 'pg_hba.conf' file to give access
> to the db from my machine as follows:

Have you added the -i option to the postmaster startup to tell it to use
TCP/IP sockets, rather than just the local sockets it sets up by default?

See: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#3.7

Sincerely, Warren

Re: [GENERAL] RE: ODBC connect in ERWin

From
Nelio Alves Pereira Filho
Date:
You have set in your pgsql ODBC driver to open databases in readonly
mode. You should change it to do the 'forward engineer'.

Nelio

--
Nelio Alves Pereira Filho
IFX Networks - www.ifx.com.br