ODBC on NT/cygwin Installation

From
lbottorff@harveycounty.com
Date:
Hello,

I've finally gotten 7.0.3 installed and running on NT4.0 Workstation/cygwin
combo. I'm now trying to get ODBC up and running. (I did "./configure
--with-odbc") Unfortunately, the docs seem to not be geared towards getting ODBC
running directly on the NT platform. How do I get things set up right so the
Postgresql ODBC driver shows up in the ODBC Manager?

LvdA

Re: ODBC on NT/cygwin Installation

From
"Greg Kelley"
Date:
You must download and install the PGSQL ODBC Driver separately. There are
links for downloading it on the PGSQL site. Configuring with ODBC just
activates support within PGSQL for using ODBC drivers, but doesn't do any
installation of drivers.

----- Original Message -----
From: <lbottorff@harveycounty.com>
To: <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Sent: November 14, 2000 3:20 PM
Subject: [ADMIN] ODBC on NT/cygwin Installation

> Hello,
>
> I've finally gotten 7.0.3 installed and running on NT4.0
Workstation/cygwin
> combo. I'm now trying to get ODBC up and running. (I did "./configure
> --with-odbc") Unfortunately, the docs seem to not be geared towards
getting ODBC
> running directly on the NT platform. How do I get things set up right so
the
> Postgresql ODBC driver shows up in the ODBC Manager?
>
> LvdA

postgresql on Win 2k??????

From
"Bryan Bateman"
Date:
Is it possible???????

Re: ODBC on NT/cygwin Installation

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Greg Kelley writes:

> You must download and install the PGSQL ODBC Driver separately. There are
> links for downloading it on the PGSQL site. Configuring with ODBC just
> activates support within PGSQL for using ODBC drivers, but doesn't do any
> installation of drivers.

That is false on all counts.  The driver is included in the distribution
and should get built and installed when you configure for ODBC.  There is
no such thing as "support within PGSQL for using ODBC drivers".

Re: postgresql on Win 2k??????

From
Kevin Lo
Date: