the beginners

From
Alberto Mainoni
Date:
Hi,
I'm a beginners whether for linux or for postgres.
I'd like know the difference between the Server Programming Interface
and libpq? When I will have to use libpq or SPI?
Can I have any linux C examples that list the tables and its contents.

                                                Thank you
                                                 Alberto

Re: [ADMIN] the beginners

From
Peter Vazsonyi
Date:
On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Alberto Mainoni wrote:
> I'd like know the difference between the Server Programming Interface
> and libpq? When I will have to use libpq or SPI?
In applications U can use libpq, in server side functions (4xmpl:triggers)
SPI.

> Can I have any linux C examples that list the tables and its contents.
You need to read programmers.ps from postgresql documentation. There U will
found examples too.

--
 nek;(