pgAdmin 16.0 crash on Cmd-A

From
mitek17@gmail.com
Date:
pgAdmin crashes if in editor press Cmd-A

MacOs 10.8.2
pgAdmin 1.16; 1.16-beta4

steps to reproduce

1.start pgAdmin
2. open database
3. Cmd-E for editor
4. Open .sql file
5. Cmd-A

Crash!

Re: pgAdmin 16.0 crash on Cmd-A

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
On Sat, 2012-11-24 at 12:18 +1100, mitek17@gmail.com wrote:
> pgAdmin crashes if in editor press Cmd-A
>
> MacOs 10.8.2
> pgAdmin 1.16; 1.16-beta4
>
> steps to reproduce
>
> 1.start pgAdmin
> 2. open database
> 3. Cmd-E for editor
> 4. Open .sql file
> 5. Cmd-A
>
> Crash!

Do you have any error message before the crash?

It doesn't crash for me. I'm on Linux, it could be a Max OS X specific
bug.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: pgAdmin 16.0 crash on Cmd-A

From
mitek17@gmail.com
Date:
Hi Guillaume,

It crashes without any message - I have posted the dump.

I have found that pgAdmin for Mac Os  become very unstable. It is an application which crashes on a daily basis in our environment. ( MacOS 10.8)

Cheers,
Dmitri.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
On Sat, 2012-11-24 at 12:18 +1100, mitek17@gmail.com wrote:
> pgAdmin crashes if in editor press Cmd-A
>
> MacOs 10.8.2
> pgAdmin 1.16; 1.16-beta4
>
> steps to reproduce
>
> 1.start pgAdmin
> 2. open database
> 3. Cmd-E for editor
> 4. Open .sql file
> 5. Cmd-A
>
> Crash!

Do you have any error message before the crash?

It doesn't crash for me. I'm on Linux, it could be a Max OS X specific
bug.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com

Re: pgAdmin 16.0 crash on Cmd-A

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:40 AM,  <mitek17@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> It crashes without any message - I have posted the dump.

I can reproduce it. As the risk of sounding like I'm parroting
Guillaume in another thread, the backtrace doesn't seem particularly
helpful unfortunately - it looks like it's basically all wxWidgets
code in the stack. I'll dig a bit further.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin 16.0 crash on Cmd-A

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:40 AM,  <mitek17@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Guillaume,
>>
>> It crashes without any message - I have posted the dump.
>
> I can reproduce it. As the risk of sounding like I'm parroting
> Guillaume in another thread, the backtrace doesn't seem particularly
> helpful unfortunately - it looks like it's basically all wxWidgets
> code in the stack. I'll dig a bit further.

I've committed a fix for this.