ERROR: column "tgconstraint" does not exist

From
Jon Roberts
Date:
With version 1.16, this error message has come back.  It was fixed in
1.14.3 by Guillaume.

It is described well here =>
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2012-03/msg00028.php

I'm using Greenplum database which is based on PostgreSQL 8.2 but it
appears any 8.2 database will have this problem.

Jon

Re: ERROR: column "tgconstraint" does not exist

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 14/09/2012 13:03, Jon Roberts wrote:
> With version 1.16, this error message has come back.  It was fixed in
> 1.14.3 by Guillaume.
>
> It is described well here =>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2012-03/msg00028.php
>
> I'm using Greenplum database which is based on PostgreSQL 8.2 but it
> appears any 8.2 database will have this problem.

AFAIK 8.2 isn't supported any more, either by the PostgreSQL community
or by PgAdmin.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: ERROR: column "tgconstraint" does not exist

From
Jon Roberts
Date:
But Greenplum is.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 14/09/2012 13:03, Jon Roberts wrote:
>> With version 1.16, this error message has come back.  It was fixed in
>> 1.14.3 by Guillaume.
>>
>> It is described well here =>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2012-03/msg00028.php
>>
>> I'm using Greenplum database which is based on PostgreSQL 8.2 but it
>> appears any 8.2 database will have this problem.
>
> AFAIK 8.2 isn't supported any more, either by the PostgreSQL community
> or by PgAdmin.
>
> Ray.
>
> --
> Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
> rod@iol.ie

Re: ERROR: column "tgconstraint" does not exist

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Jon Roberts <greenplumguru@gmail.com> wrote:
> But Greenplum is.

Hmm, yeah - that's debatable. With none of their guys testing it or
making sure it works any more, we're more or less at the point where
we need to declare it unsupported.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: ERROR: column "tgconstraint" does not exist

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 07:03 -0500, Jon Roberts wrote:
> With version 1.16, this error message has come back.  It was fixed in
> 1.14.3 by Guillaume.
>
> It is described well here =>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2012-03/msg00028.php
>
> I'm using Greenplum database which is based on PostgreSQL 8.2 but it
> appears any 8.2 database will have this problem.

As Raymond, and Dave said, we don't try to stay compatible with 8.2
since it's out of date, and unmaintained by the PostgreSQL project.

I still had a look into it, and found the issue. As it's easy to fix,
I've commited a patch. Should be available for 1.16.1.

Thanks for your report.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info