PGAdmin - still no jobs node.

From
Piotr Czekalski
Date:
I've installed the PgAgent over PostgreSQL 8.4.2(already running for few
months), on Fedora 12 (x64) OS. The DB by itself works perfect. The
script was taken from the Fedora's distro, running:
./psql -h <hostip> -d postgres --user postgres -f
/usr/local/pgadmin3/share/pgadmin3/pgagent.sql and returned no errors
(just warnings on creation of few sequences).
The schema has been created in Postgres (management) database but still
PgAdmin (1.12.1) shows only PgAgent under Catalogue node, there is no
visible pgagent schema under Schema's node nor Jobs node to manage jobs.
When I try to create pgagent schema it says such a schema already exists
(which I believe is true).
The user connecting to database is Postgres with DBA right thus I
believe this is not a security problem, however.

select * from pg_namespace;

returns null value for nspacl column, where nspname='pgagent'.

I've already followed the problem listed here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-10/msg00621.php
but still no luck as it seemed to be wrong database selected to install
pgagent which is not the above case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Piotr

"TECHBAZA.PL" Sp. z o.o.
Technologie WEB, eDB&  eCommerce
Oddział Gliwice
ul. Chorzowska 50
44-100 Gliwice
tel. (+4832) 7186081
fax. (+4832) 7003289

Re: PGAdmin - still no jobs node.

From
Thom Brown
Date:
style="margin:0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;"> I've installed the
PgAgentover PostgreSQL 8.4.2(already running for few months), on Fedora 12 (x64) OS. The DB by itself works perfect.
Thescript was taken from the Fedora's distro, running:<br /> ./psql -h <hostip> -d postgres --user postgres -f
/usr/local/pgadmin3/share/pgadmin3/pgagent.sqland returned no errors (just warnings on creation of few sequences).<br
/>The schema has been created in Postgres (management) database but still PgAdmin (1.12.1) shows only PgAgent under
Cataloguenode, there is no visible pgagent schema under Schema's node nor Jobs node to manage jobs.<br /> When I try to
createpgagent schema it says such a schema already exists (which I believe is true).<br /> The user connecting to
databaseis Postgres with DBA right thus I believe this is not a security problem, however.<br /><br /> select * from
followedthe problem listed here:<br /><a href="http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-10/msg00621.php"
target="_blank">http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-10/msg00621.php</a><br/> but still no luck as it
seemedto be wrong database selected to install pgagent which is not the above case.<br /><br /> Any help would be

Re: PGAdmin - still no jobs node.

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Piotr Czekalski <pczekalski@techbaza.pl> wrote:
> I've installed the PgAgent over PostgreSQL 8.4.2(already running for few
> months), on Fedora 12 (x64) OS. The DB by itself works perfect. The script
> was taken from the Fedora's distro, running:
> ./psql -h <hostip> -d postgres --user postgres -f
> /usr/local/pgadmin3/share/pgadmin3/pgagent.sql and returned no errors (just
> warnings on creation of few sequences).
> The schema has been created in Postgres (management) database but still
> PgAdmin (1.12.1) shows only PgAgent under Catalogue node, there is no
> visible pgagent schema under Schema's node nor Jobs node to manage jobs.
> When I try to create pgagent schema it says such a schema already exists
> (which I believe is true).
> The user connecting to database is Postgres with DBA right thus I believe
> this is not a security problem, however.

Can you confirm that the management database in pgAdmin is set to the
postgres database for the appropriate server?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: PGAdmin - still no jobs node.

From
Piotr Czekalski
Date:
class="gmail_quote"><blockquoteclass="gmail_quote" style="margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt         0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid
enabled? This is done by going to File > Options > Browser and ticking the "pgAgent Jobs" option.</blockquote>

Date:
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Piotr Czekalski <pczekalski@techbaza.pl> wrote:
> W dniu 2010-11-15 14:46, Dave Page pisze:
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Piotr Czekalski<pczekalski@techbaza.pl>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I've installed the PgAgent over PostgreSQL 8.4.2(already running for few
>>> months), on Fedora 12 (x64) OS. The DB by itself works perfect. The
>>> script
>>> was taken from the Fedora's distro, running:
>>> ./psql -h<hostip>  -d postgres --user postgres -f
>>> /usr/local/pgadmin3/share/pgadmin3/pgagent.sql and returned no errors
>>> (just
>>> warnings on creation of few sequences).
>>> The schema has been created in Postgres (management) database but still
>>> PgAdmin (1.12.1) shows only PgAgent under Catalogue node, there is no
>>> visible pgagent schema under Schema's node nor Jobs node to manage jobs.
>>> When I try to create pgagent schema it says such a schema already exists
>>> (which I believe is true).
>>> The user connecting to database is Postgres with DBA right thus I believe
>>> this is not a security problem, however.
>>
>> Can you confirm that the management database in pgAdmin is set to the
>> postgres database for the appropriate server?
>>

> Yes - it is set to 'Postgres'.
> I've already tried to manage jobs both on Postgres database and second one
> with management set to 'Postgres' but in both cases there is no luck.
>
> Anything else can I do or check to make it working?

The mere existence of the pgAgent schema (and a couple of the objects
in it) in the maintenance database should make the jobs node show up,
regardless of the rest of the pgAgent configuration. The fact that you
say it doesn't show up under "Catalogs" either makes me think that
you're looking in the wrong database or server, or, you accidentally
installed it in the wrong database or server.

--

Date:
W dniu 2010-11-15 14:46, Dave Page pisze:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Piotr Czekalski<pczekalski@techbaza.pl>  wrote:
>> I've installed the PgAgent over PostgreSQL 8.4.2(already running for few
>> months), on Fedora 12 (x64) OS. The DB by itself works perfect. The script
>> was taken from the Fedora's distro, running:
>> ./psql -h<hostip>  -d postgres --user postgres -f
>> /usr/local/pgadmin3/share/pgadmin3/pgagent.sql and returned no errors (just
>> warnings on creation of few sequences).
>> The schema has been created in Postgres (management) database but still
>> PgAdmin (1.12.1) shows only PgAgent under Catalogue node, there is no
>> visible pgagent schema under Schema's node nor Jobs node to manage jobs.
>> When I try to create pgagent schema it says such a schema already exists
>> (which I believe is true).
>> The user connecting to database is Postgres with DBA right thus I believe
>> this is not a security problem, however.
> Can you confirm that the management database in pgAdmin is set to the
> postgres database for the appropriate server?

Yes - it is set to 'Postgres'.
I've already tried to manage jobs both on Postgres database and second
one with management set to 'Postgres' but in both cases there is no luck.

Anything else can I do or check to make it working?

Regards,

Piotr

"TECHBAZA.PL" Sp. z o.o.
Technologie WEB, eDB&  eCommerce
Oddział Gliwice
ul. Chorzowska 50
44-100 Gliwice
tel. (+4832) 7186081
fax. (+4832) 7003289

Re: PGAdmin - still no jobs node.

From
Piotr Czekalski
Date:
David,
Thom,

Problem is solved right now (just a minute ago) - the real reason seems
to be multilanguage support of PgAdmin.
Im using Polish (actually 'default') language version according to the
OS settings and have just switched to English language for a while to
ensure the options you've written in previous mails where identified
correctly by me in Polish but surprisingly I found then that 'Jobs' node
is already present.
When I've switched back to Polish, it disappears again, thus I
anticipate this is a bug in PgAdmin on multilanguage support.

Thank you for your support,

Piotr

Date:
Problem is solved right now (just a minute ago) - the real reason seems to be multilanguage support of PgAdmin.
Im using Polish (actually 'default') language version according to the OS settings and have just switched to English language for a while to ensure the options you've written in previous mails where identified correctly by me in Polish but surprisingly I found then that 'Jobs' node is already present.
When I've switched back to Polish, it disappears again, thus I anticipate this is a bug in PgAdmin on multilanguage support.

Thank you for your support,

I'm also using 1.12.1 but don't have that problem. (see attached image)

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

Date:
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:

> I'm also using 1.12.1 but don't have that problem. (see attached image)

I too see the Zadania node if I run in Polish (on OSX).