Dependents show up twice?

From
Jan-Peter Seifert
Date:
Hello,

sorry if this is already known.

In order to test a script I gave privileges on a schema different from
public and a function and a table therein to a 'normal' login role:

CREATE ROLE rolle LOGIN ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'xxxx' NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;

When I choose the 'Dependents' tab for this role the objects show up twice.
Once for the correct database and once for the alphabetically preceding
database.

This happens in 1.10.5 and 1.12.1 (October 4th).

Thank you very much,

Peter

Re: Dependents show up twice?

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Hi,

Le 10/11/2010 22:56, Jan-Peter Seifert a écrit :
> [...]
> sorry if this is already known.
>
> In order to test a script I gave privileges on a schema different from
> public and a function and a table therein to a 'normal' login role:
>
> CREATE ROLE rolle LOGIN
>   ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'xxxx'
>   NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
>
> When I choose the 'Dependents' tab for this role the objects show up twice.
> Once for the correct database and once for the alphabetically preceding
> database.

I don't reproduce this. Can you send us the grant statements you used?

Or, if it's possible for you, send me your schema privately (pg_dump -s
would do this nicely).

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com

Re: Dependents show up twice?

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Hi,

Le 11/11/2010 17:18, Seifert, Jan-Peter a écrit :
>  [...]
> server version is:
> PostgreSQL 8.3.12, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400
>
> I have dumped the schema via pgAdmin III 1.8.4 + 8.3 server binaries
> because pgAdmin 1.12.1 + server 9.0 binaries hangs.

OK, I don't reproduce this on my laptop with your schema. No matter
which release I use (1.13 and 1.12). Unfortunately, I don't see which
commit could have fixed it.

But I'm not sure this is an actual bug. They show up twice because they
really are in both databases. Did you check both databases?

--

Date:
Le 12/11/2010 10:18, Seifert, Jan-Peter a écrit :
> Hi,

I still don't reproduce this.

> The cluster is at least a year old. How can I make sure it's not a server corruption?

I don't know. I don't quite understand what happens to you. Unless
you've found a bug, I don't believe in a corruption.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com