pgadmin very slow

From
Anj Adu
Date:
Hi<br /><br />We have very large databases with about 1000 tables (most of them partitions).  PGAdmin takes forever
(atleast3-5 minutes) just to open the browser for the database. This makes it almost un-usable.<br />I use Postgres
8.1.9 .   It works fast for small databases (having the same number of tables..)...as the database size keeps
increasing..thereis a progressive slowdown in PGAdmin. Our Databse is over 600Gb . <br /><br />is there any fix / patch
Ican use? It is a great toool but the slowness makes it unable to be used as a browser.<br />

Re: pgadmin very slow

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Le mardi 14 juillet 2009 à 20:08:07, Anj Adu a écrit :
> [...]
> We have very large databases with about 1000 tables (most of them
> partitions).  PGAdmin takes forever (atleast 3-5 minutes) just to open the
> browser for the database. This makes it almost un-usable.
> I use Postgres 8.1.9  .   It works fast for small databases (having the
> same number of tables..)...as the database size keeps increasing..there is
> a progressive slowdown in PGAdmin. Our Databse is over 600Gb .
>
> is there any fix / patch I can use? It is a great toool but the slowness
> makes it unable to be used as a browser.

Which pgAdmin's release do you use?

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: pgadmin very slow

From
Siddhartha
Date:
Try DBeaver, I switched to it today.
Far better

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Re: pgadmin very slow

From
Khushboo Vashi

The group name is pgAdmin support, so avoid sending this type of email here.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Re: pgadmin very slow

From
siddhartha attri
Date:
Noted.

The group name is pgAdmin support, so avoid sending this type of email here.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

--

Regards-