Fwd: Netbook Dialog issue with Pgadmin3

From
Miles Elam
Date:
Thanks to a note from Arthur, I gave his technique a try. Indeed, I'm using an Asus Eee PC 900A.

The alt-drag technique works perfectly on Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix on a 1024x600 screen. A little inconvenient, but then so are netbooks sometimes.

A worthwhile workaround to be sure.

Thanks Arthur and the Pgadmin developers!

- Miles Elam

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum sonatur.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Arthur Knight Hammer <art@kingofthebears.com>
Date: June 23, 2009 11:11:59 AM PDT
To: Miles Elam <mileselam@yahoo.com>
Subject: Dialog issue on Pgadmin3

Hey Miles:

On my Gnome or KDE desktop, I am able to move a window (can't do this in MS as
far as I know) by holding down ALT, then left-mouse-click and drag.  I
remember this as a savior when I switched over to Linux years ago when I was
on lo-res screens.  I was awaiting some feedback from a friend about his Asus
Eee, which uses some other window manager, but when I saw you're using Ubuntu
I decided to drop you a personal note.  If it works perhaps you could post it
to the list ... I'm just passing through!

Best regards,

Arthur Knight Hammer

Re: Fwd: Netbook Dialog issue with Pgadmin3

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Miles Elam<mileselam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks to a note from Arthur, I gave his technique a try. Indeed, I'm using
> an Asus Eee PC 900A.
> The alt-drag technique works perfectly on Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix on a
> 1024x600 screen. A little inconvenient, but then so are netbooks sometimes.
> A worthwhile workaround to be sure.
> Thanks Arthur and the Pgadmin developers!

Thanks for forwarding - I don't have a netbook myself, but my older
two kids do, and it's frustrated me that some of the stock config
dialogues don't even fit properly. Of course, my kids have zero
interest in pgAdmin...

--
Dave Page