Feature Request: query history

From
"John Huss"
Date:
theQuery screen.  Ideally this would keep track of queries persistently and not just for the current session.<br /><br
/>Lotsof other DB management software has this; for example, Interbase 7.1+ (IBConsole) and Frontbase (Frontbase
Manager)are two I have used that do this.<br /><br />The "Favorites" feature is kind of like this, but it meets a
differentneed.  <br /></div>

Re: Feature Request: query history

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> I would like to have the ability the view and edit and run any query that
> has already been executed in the Query screen.  Ideally this would keep
> track of queries persistently and not just for the current session.

Are you describing something likevthe "history" feature in a browser?

If so, I have a half done patch around somewhere that could maybe be dusted off...

/Magnus

Re: Feature Request: query history

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> I would like to have the ability the view and edit and run any query that
>> has already been executed in the Query screen.  Ideally this would keep
>> track of queries persistently and not just for the current session.
>
> Are you describing something likevthe "history" feature in a browser?
>
> If so, I have a half done patch around somewhere that could maybe be dusted off...

Iirc, the DB2 query tool (circa 2004) had a combo box at the top of
the editor to which it added every query you ran in a session. Select
an entry, and it replaced the current query.

--
Dave Page

Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>> I would like to have the ability the view and edit and run any query that
>>> has already been executed in the Query screen.  Ideally this would keep
>>> track of queries persistently and not just for the current session.
>> Are you describing something likevthe "history" feature in a browser?
>>
>> If so, I have a half done patch around somewhere that could maybe be dusted off...
>
> Iirc, the DB2 query tool (circa 2004) had a combo box at the top of
> the editor to which it added every query you ran in a session. Select
> an entry, and it replaced the current query.

My half-patch had a menu, kind of like the history menu in firefox (or
whatever browser - I'm sure they all have it). But the same principle.

//Magus

Re: Feature Request: query history

From
"John Huss"
Date:
Yeah, that sounds good.  It would be great if it stored the history across sessions too so if you close the app you can still get to the previous queries later.

John

My half-patch had a menu, kind of like the history menu in firefox (or
whatever browser - I'm sure they all have it). But the same principle.

Re: Feature Request: query history

From
"Andreas Neumann"
Date:
soundy good - I'd like such a feature as well. We'll have to limit it to a
maximum number of queries, though (50,100,200?) so the history doesn't
grow infinitely.

Andreas

> Yeah, that sounds good.  It would be great if it stored the history across
> sessions too so if you close the app you can still get to the previous
> queries later.
>
> John
>
> My half-patch had a menu, kind of like the history menu in firefox (or
>> whatever browser - I'm sure they all have it). But the same principle.

--
Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland
Email: a.neumann@carto.net, Web:
* http://www.carto.net/ (Carto and SVG resources)
* http://www.carto.net/neumann/ (personal page)
* http://www.svgopen.org/ (SVG Open Conference)