pgagent on a mac

From
kelvan mcewen
Date:
 I posted a topic in general but I was told to post it here I need to be able <br /> to run pgagent on a mac the
canget a daemon to run on the mac <br /> we have tried the unix daemon but cannot get that to install as it
requires <br/> god knows what modules to install it says it needs widgetwx problem is we <br /> install it and it is
modulescan someone give us step by step instructions or at least tell us <br /> specifics on how to install a pgagent
daemonon a mac to run as it is very <br /> important to the business to have several automatic tasks running if not <br
dounderstand pgadmin is only new for a mac since 8.1 i believe i am not <br />sure but even still it should support one
href="http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/"target="_new">MSN Messenger</a>

Re: pgagent on a mac

From
Dave Page
Date:
kelvan mcewen wrote:
>  I posted a topic in general but I was told to post it here I need to be
> able
> to run pgagent on a mac the problem we are having is getting a daemon to
> run
> on a mac
>
>  if anyone can help please tell me were I can get a daemon to run on the
> mac

As I said when I answered your original message:

It might be tucked away in the app bundle (can't check right now I'm
afraid) - if not, you'll need to build from source unfortunately.

> i do understand pgadmin is only new for a mac since 8.1 i believe i am not
> sure but even still it should support one of its main systems

It is supported, though we don't make a specific point of including it
in an installer because few people run their servers on OS X. Oh, and
for the record, we've supported OS X since our second major release of
pgAdmin, around the time of PostgreSQL 8.0.

/D

Re: pgagent on a mac

From
kelvan mcewen
Date:
well we cannot find it in the app bundle and as I am new to open source I wouldn't know where to look for the source code to build it from if you could help me there it would be appreciated

Regards
Kelvan

Re: pgagent on a mac

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
On Sat, December 15, 2007 11:03 pm, kelvan mcewen wrote:

> well we cannot find it in the app bundle and as I am new to open source I
> wouldn't know where to look for the source code to build it from if you
> could help me there it would be appreciated

Source code can be found at http://www.pgadmin.org/download/source.php

And instructions are linked from the same page. I would suggest not using
the --enable-appbudle configure option, or running 'make install'. When
it's all built, you should find the pgagent binary in xtra/pgagent/ in the
source tree.

Regards, Dave

PS. Your full stop and comma keys appear to be broken.