save definition menu

From
Seb
Date:
Hi,

To become more familiar with SQL, I wanted to save some table definitions
from pgadmin's "file" menu.  This pops up a window for choosing a
destination file, without the option of creating a new file by entering a
file name, as is standard in other programs.  I doubt we should be
"touching" a file before saving a definition in this way, so I'd
appreciate some input for how to proceed here.  THanks.

Seb

Re: save definition menu

From
Dave Page
Seb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To become more familiar with SQL, I wanted to save some table definitions
> from pgadmin's "file" menu.  This pops up a window for choosing a
> destination file, without the option of creating a new file by entering a
> file name, as is standard in other programs.  I doubt we should be
> "touching" a file before saving a definition in this way, so I'd
> appreciate some input for how to proceed here.  THanks.

What version? What platform? 1.6.2 works OK for me on OSX.

Regards, Dave

Re: save definition menu

From
Sebastian P. Luque
Date:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:02:41 +0000,
Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:

[...]

> What version? What platform? 1.6.2 works OK for me on OSX.

Sure, I forgot to include that.  I'm on Debian testing (AMD64) GNU/Linux,
using pgadmin3 version 1.4.3-2 (this is the Debian version).  Perhaps this
works better in the unstable version.

--
Seb

Re: save definition menu

From
Dave Page
Date:
Sebastian P. Luque wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:02:41 +0000,
> Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> What version? What platform? 1.6.2 works OK for me on OSX.
>
> Sure, I forgot to include that.  I'm on Debian testing (AMD64) GNU/Linux,
> using pgadmin3 version 1.4.3-2 (this is the Debian version).  Perhaps this
> works better in the unstable version.

You should upgrade to 1.6.2. We no longer support 1.4 I'm afraid. The
are many bugs fixed in 1.6, and a bunch of new features.

Regards, Dave.

Re: save definition menu

From
Sebastian P. Luque
Date:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:15:55 +0000,
Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:

[...]

> You should upgrade to 1.6.2. We no longer support 1.4 I'm afraid. The
> are many bugs fixed in 1.6, and a bunch of new features.

I guess I'll need to do that from the source, as Debian doesn't offer that
version in testing nor in unstable.  Thanks.

--
Seb