Cannot connect to one specific postgres database on a server

From
"Matt Busby"
Date:
font-family:Arial">I am having trouble connecting to one specific database on my server. I can connect to the server
runningon the server. I can successfully connect to all of the databases except one. This particular database I am
class="MsoNormal"><fontface="Arial" size="2"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">I have been using <span class="SpellE">pgadmin</span> for over 2 years to connect to this particular
databasethat <span class="GramE">wont</span> connect now. This just started happening a week ago and is frustrating me
sobad! I have installed/reinstalled/uninstalled about every version on <span class="SpellE">pgadmin</span> with no
class="MsoNormal"><fontface="Arial" size="2"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">My server is running <span class="SpellE">linux</span>, and I am using windows version of <span
style="font-size:10.0pt;
face="Arial"size="2"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;

Re: Cannot connect to one specific postgres database on a server

From
"Melvin Davidson"
Date:
I cannot tell you what is specificially wrong, but try the following:

Can you telnet to that database and query?

Is the postmaster running for that database?

Do you get any errors returned when you try to connect via telnet? What are they?

Is it possible your database is corrupted and you need to restore/rebuild?