pgadminIII - 1.6.1 - rev:5709

From
"Erbil KARAMAN"
Date:
i'm using pgAdmin III - 1.6.1 - rev:5709 win32 binary version

when i try to view table details, sometimes foreign keys comes with
missing column names which causes a syntax error when i try to
recreate or copy table.

ex:
pgAdmin III:
---------------------
CONSTRAINT xxx_yyy_fkey FOREIGN KEY ()     REFERENCES yyy () MATCH SIMPLE     ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION

original pgdump of table:
-----------------------------------
ALTER TABLE ONLY xxx   ADD CONSTRAINT xxx_yyy_fkey FOREIGN KEY (yyy) REFERENCES yyy(id);

regards

erbiL...

Re: pgadminIII - 1.6.1 - rev:5709

From
Dave Page
Date:
Erbil KARAMAN wrote:
> i'm using pgAdmin III - 1.6.1 - rev:5709 win32 binary version
>
> when i try to view table details, sometimes foreign keys comes with
> missing column names which causes a syntax error when i try to
> recreate or copy table.
>
> ex:
> pgAdmin III:
> ---------------------
> CONSTRAINT xxx_yyy_fkey FOREIGN KEY ()
>      REFERENCES yyy () MATCH SIMPLE
>      ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
>
> original pgdump of table:
> -----------------------------------
> ALTER TABLE ONLY xxx
>    ADD CONSTRAINT xxx_yyy_fkey FOREIGN KEY (yyy) REFERENCES yyy(id);

I cannot reproduce that here. Can you provide a self contained test case
to reproduce it please? I assume 2 tables and a foreign key are all
thats required (or three? ONLY implies your using inheritance).

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgadminIII - 1.6.1 - rev:5709

From
Dave Page
Date:
Erbil KARAMAN wrote:
> i have over 60 tables and lots of contraints (foreign keys) -
> multiple_inheritance for most of the tables. i will try to reproduce
> it with minimum tables and inheritances. And it also doesn't happen
> all the time. (i'm making stress tests on indexes, and it fails with
> "catalog is missing X attribute(s) for relid n" when this situation
> occurs. then i reindex the table and it stops giving missing catalog
> error, and also the missing columns on pgAdmin reappears)

Oh - in that case backup your data *now* and thoroughly check your
hardware. pgAdmin is failing because you are having problems on your
server (which happen to be temporarily fixed by a reindex).

Regards, Dave.