View data comes up empty

From
"Leo"
Date:
Hi
I just installed PgAdmin III version 1.6 Beta and PgAdmin III version 1.4.3 in Windows XP SP2
In both if you ask for the "View data" of a table (any table) the window comes up empty in the data area, but on the bottom bar it shows the number of rows displayed.
This "View data" works perfect in versions prior to 1.4.3 at least for me
PostgresSQL is 8.1.2 running on SuSE Linux 9.2
Any ideas?
Thank you

Francisco Leovey

Re: View data comes up empty

From
"Dave Page"

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Leo
Sent: 28 September 2006 18:05
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] View data comes up empty

Hi
I just installed PgAdmin III version 1.6 Beta and PgAdmin III version 1.4.3 in Windows XP SP2
In both if you ask for the "View data" of a table (any table) the window comes up empty in the data area, but on the bottom bar it shows the number of rows displayed.
This "View data" works perfect in versions prior to 1.4.3 at least for me
PostgresSQL is 8.1.2 running on SuSE Linux 9.2
Any ideas?

Hmm, how odd. Both versions certainly work for me and others on XP. Do the rows show up if you hit refresh?

Regards, Dave

Re: View data comes up empty

From
Dave Page
Date:
/></font><fontface="Arial">No, if the table has few rows, it tells you the number of rows in the bottom bar but nothing
shows.<br/> If the table has many rows it says "refreshing data, please wait..." and never finishes.<br /> But if I use
theSQL window  to view the data everything works OK, so its not a big problem<br /> Maybe its the way the "View Data"
anysetup to speak of – it just does its thing. Does it show the row or column headers?<br /><br /> Regards,
Dave</font></span>