Create db problem

From
Mauro Bertoli
Date:
Hi, I've some strange behaviours managing databases:

- if I want create a new db from a postgres console
(psql) I MUST have all pgAdmin clients closed (because
'maintenance db' lock postgres db)

- using pgAdmin I cannot create a new db using the
connected db as template

Thank you

___________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.it

Re: Create db problem

From
"Dave Page"

That's why PostgreSQL 8.1 has the 'postgres' database so apps like
pgAdmin no longer use template1.

> - using pgAdmin I cannot create a new db using the connected
> db as template

You can only create a DB using a connected DB as a template if you
create the database /from/ that template dattabase, and that is the only
connection to that database.

Regards, Dave