line number in error output

From
"Chris Velevitch"
Date:
I'm using Windows version 1.4.2 on Win XP sp1.

When I get an error in executing a sql code, I get
    ERROR:  syntax error at or near "45183" at character 5848

There is no line number included. Such information would make very
easy to locate the offending code.

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group

Re: line number in error output

From
"Dave Page"

The error messages comes from PostgreSQL so we cannot change it. pgAdmin
looks at the character number though and bungs a marker in the left
margin to highlight the offending line in your code.

Regards, Dave.

Re: line number in error output

From
Miha Radej
Date:
Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
>> I'm using Windows version 1.4.2 on Win XP sp1.
>>
>> When I get an error in executing a sql code, I get
>>
>>      ERROR:  syntax error at or near "45183" at character 5848
>>
>> There is no line number included. Such information would make
>> very easy to locate the offending code.
>
> The error messages comes from PostgreSQL so we cannot change it. pgAdmin
> looks at the character number though and bungs a marker in the left
> margin to highlight the offending line in your code.

How does that work with localized server messages, how does pgAdmin
handle them? I get a partly translated error message from the server:

NAPAKA:  napaka v sintaksi at or near "form" pri znaku 11

pgAdmin does not put any markers in the left margin here.

Regards,
Miha