Grid column caption not readable

From
"Andrus"
To reproduce:

1. Open data edit grid
2. Resize column so that column width is smaller than its caption.

Observed:

Column caption shows characters from the middle

Expected:

Column caption should display leftmost characters.

Note.

Is there a way to set column caption to left-aligned? If yes, maybe this can
be used as quick fix ?

Andrus.

Platform:
Windows XP

Re: Grid column caption not readable

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
This has been fixed in SVN trunk.

Regards, Dave

2. Resize column so that column width is smaller than its caption.

Observed:

Column caption shows characters from the middle

Expected:

Column caption should display leftmost characters.

Note.

Is there a way to set column caption to left-aligned? If yes, maybe this can
be used as quick fix ?

Andrus.

Platform:
Windows XP

TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to      choose an index scan if your joining column's
datatypesdo not      match

-----Unmodified Original Message-----

Date:
> This has been fixed in SVN trunk.

I looked into changelog but havent found any information.

What is the file name or revision number where this was fixed ?

Andrus.

Re: Grid column caption not readable

From
"Dave Page"

It was fixed as part of:
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=5057&view=rev

See the line:

SetColLabelAlignment(wxALIGN_LEFT, wxALIGN_CENTER);

In ctlSQLGrid::ctlSQLGrid(wxWindow *parent, wxWindowID id, const
wxPoint& pos, const wxSize& size) in ctlSqlGrid.cpp (now renamed to
ctlSQLGrid.cpp).

Regards Dave.

Date:
>> I looked into changelog but havent found any information.
>>
>> What is the file name or revision number where this was fixed ?

>It was fixed as part of:
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=5057&view=rev

>See the line:

>SetColLabelAlignment(wxALIGN_LEFT, wxALIGN_CENTER);

>In ctlSQLGrid::ctlSQLGrid(wxWindow *parent, wxWindowID id, const
wxPoint& pos, const wxSize& size) in ctlSqlGrid.cpp (now renamed to
ctlSQLGrid.cpp).

In VFP grid column caption is centered. However, when column width is too
small, the column shows only leftmost characters, not from center.

It seems that if text width is greater than column width  column alignment
is changed dynamically to left and changed back to center if column is
resized to be wider.

wxGRID does not support this, right ?

Andrus.

On 3/4/06 17:51, "Andrus" <eetasoft@online.ee> wrote:

>>> I looked into changelog but havent found any information.
>>>
>>> What is the file name or revision number where this was fixed ?
>
>> It was fixed as part of:
> http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=5057&view=rev
>
>> See the line:
>
>> SetColLabelAlignment(wxALIGN_LEFT, wxALIGN_CENTER);
>
>> In ctlSQLGrid::ctlSQLGrid(wxWindow *parent, wxWindowID id, const
> wxPoint& pos, const wxSize& size) in ctlSqlGrid.cpp (now renamed to
> ctlSQLGrid.cpp).
>
> In VFP grid column caption is centered. However, when column width is too
> small, the column shows only leftmost characters, not from center.
>
> It seems that if text width is greater than column width  column alignment
> is changed dynamically to left and changed back to center if column is
> resized to be wider.
>
> wxGRID does not support this, right ?

Not directly as far as I've ever seen. Shouldn't be a horrendous problem to
do in pgAdmin, though I can't guarantee it would get in until people have
had a chance to see how it behaves and looks. Feel free to work up a patch
though if you like :-)

Regards, Dave.