pgadmin III v1.4.2 Crash on delete

From
"Alexander Kirpa"
Date:
Windows binary (size 8,232,960 bytes; date Monday, 06 March, 2006,
11:39:42)

Stable crash in case delete "big" set of row from table.
How to repeat:
1. Start pgadmin
2. Connect to DB (FreeBSD 6)
3. Click on table (for deleting rows)
4. Click on 'View the data in the selected object.'Selected table have 3 columns, ALL int4 NOT NULLwith approx 2000
rows
5. Select all or most rows
6. Click on 'Delete selected rows.'
and pgadmin crash.
Q-ty deleted rows (see after restart pgadmin)
from 334 to 645.

Similar problem (crash) occurs in case
HUGE update (insert, delete, modify) or simple populate table
(cell by cell) using table
browser ('View the data in the selected object.')

Best regards,Alexander Kirpa

Re: pgadmin III v1.4.2 Crash on delete

From
"Dave Page"

I can reproduce this, but can't for the life of me see where it's going
wrong. It's happily delete a few hundred or so records, then all of a
sudden sqlTable::DeleteRows() will start retrieving completely empty
cache lines.

Andreas; can you take a peek at this please?

> Similar problem (crash) occurs in case
> HUGE update (insert, delete, modify) or simple populate table
> (cell by cell) using table
> browser ('View the data in the selected object.')

I'm not sure what you mean - random updates can cause the same problem
on large datasets?

Regards, Dave.