pgadmin trys to get the whole table?

From
Antoine
Date:
Hi,
It seems like pgadmin is trying to get the entire contents of a table
when opening a table browser - is this right? We have a table with
well over a million rows and, well, this is not good!
Cheers
Antoine
--
This is where I should put some witty comment.

Re: pgadmin trys to get the whole table?

From
Dave Page

On 7/3/06 20:38, "Antoine" <melser.anton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> It seems like pgadmin is trying to get the entire contents of a table
> when opening a table browser - is this right? We have a table with
> well over a million rows and, well, this is not good!

Yes, this is exactly what will happen unless you use the 'View Filtered
Data' option and specify a restriction (WHERE) clause.

SVN trunk (that will become 1.6 eventually) also contains a 'View Top N'
option, where N can be easily changed as required.

Regards, Dave.