Scheduling jobs

From
Poul Møller Hansen
Date:
It's probably a stupid question, but I haven't been able to find the answer

I have added the pgagent schema to my database and pgagent is running,
but I have no "Jobs" in the database view in pgAdmin.
What can I do to add it ?

PostgreSQL version:
PostgreSQL 8.1.2 on i386-portbld-freebsd5.3, compiled by GCC cc (GCC)
3.4.2 [FreeBSD] 20040728

pgAdmin 1.4.1 binary version running WinXP.

Thanks,Poul

Re: Scheduling jobs

From
"Dave Page"

The schema needs to be in your maintenance DB (ie. The one pgAdmin initially connects to). My guess is that you put it
someplaceelse.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Scheduling jobs

From
Poul Møller Hansen
Date:
>The schema needs to be in your maintenance DB (ie. The one pgAdmin initially connects to). My guess is that you put it
someplaceelse.

ahh, now it works :)

How can I get with of the pgagent schema in the other database again ?
I get the message "Cannot drop system Schema pgagent"

Poul

Re: Scheduling jobs

From
"Dave Page"

Ahh, that you be pgAdmin protecting you from yourself :-)

Try the following in a Query Tool (in the appropriate database):

DROP SCHEMA pgagent CASCADE;

Regards, Dave.

Re: Scheduling jobs

From
Poul Møller Hansen
Date:
>Ahh, that you be pgAdmin protecting you from yourself :-)
>
>Try the following in a Query Tool (in the appropriate database):
>
>DROP SCHEMA pgagent CASCADE;

Thanks again, I think only schemas starting with pg_ should behave like
that.
Do you think it's a bug in pgAdmin ?

Poul

Re: Scheduling jobs

From
"Dave Page"

No, it's intentional behaviour to stop your dropping the pgAgent schema in error.

Regards, Dave.