pgAdmin on SUSE 10.0 needing libcrypto.so.5 and libssl.so.5

From
Jim Cripe
Date:
Hello,

I'm trying to install pgAdmin3, version 1.4.1-1 on SUSE 10.0, (with a
postgreSQL version 8.1.2-0.1,) and have unresolved dependencies for
libcrypto.so.5 and libssl.so.5.

The openssl version I have is 0.9.7g-2.2, (with libssl.so.0.9.7g-2.2 and
libcrypto.so.0.9.7.)

What is the best way to resolve the missing dependencies?

Thanks
Jim Cripe

Re: pgAdmin on SUSE 10.0 needing libcrypto.so.5

From
Miha Radej
Date:
hi!

are you installing from source or from a rpm package via yast? if the
latter, afaik yast should automagically fix any unresolved dependencies
for you usually.

if you're building from source, try installing some devel packages from
yast, like openssl-devel, postgresql-devel and any others you might need
during your build, to provide the necessary libs.

also, i've had problems compiling pgadmin if i built wxwidgets from
source (on suse 10.0, on suse 9.3 using my own build wasn't a problem).
by using wxgtk (and wxgtk-devel) from yast (which offers version 2.6.1),
it worked.

i hope any of this helps,
Miha

--
"... the small primitive tribes joined up and became huge, powerful
primitive tribes with more sophisticated weapons."  -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods