BUG: Grant Wizard

From
"Traci Sumpter"
Date:
pgAdmin III 1.4.0 Nov 5 2005

When you select the user group to grant permissions to the selection remains
on public and are not able to change

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
Albin Blaschka
Date:
Traci Sumpter wrote:
> pgAdmin III 1.4.0 Nov 5 2005
>
> When you select the user group to grant permissions to the selection remains
> on public and are not able to change

Hello,

I reported the same problem at the end of october, but I had not the
time to investigate further at this time (even though I promised to do
so :( ...)

Traci, what setup do you have? Mine is:

pgAdmin on Windows XP SP 2, PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on Debian Sarge (selfcompiled)

Albin

| Albin Blaschka, Mag. rer.nat
| Fachbereich für Organismische Biologie, Universität Salzburg
| Hellbrunnerstr. 34, A - 5020 Salzburg, Österreich
|
| It's hard to live in the mountains, hard, but not hopeless!

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
"A.j. Langereis"
Date:
I would like to add to this, that it is niether possible to select
individual users here: They aren't in the list at all.

Your sincerely,

Aarjan Langereis

> > When you select the user group to grant permissions to the selection
remains
> > on public and are not able to change
> >

> Hello,
>
> I reported the same problem at the end of october, but I had not the
> time to investigate further at this time (even though I promised to do
> so :( ...)
>
> Traci, what setup do you have? Mine is:
>
> pgAdmin on Windows XP SP 2, PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on Debian Sarge
(selfcompiled)

> Albin

> | Albin Blaschka, Mag. rer.nat
> | Fachbereich für Organismische Biologie, Universität Salzburg
> | Hellbrunnerstr. 34, A - 5020 Salzburg, Österreich
> |
> | It's hard to live in the mountains, hard, but not hopeless!

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Traci Sumpter wrote:
> pgAdmin III 1.4.0 Nov 5 2005
>
> When you select the user group to grant permissions to the selection remains
> on public and are not able to change

You have to use the ADD and REMOVE buttons.

Regards

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
A.j. Langereis wrote:
> I would like to add to this, that it is niether possible to select
> individual users here: They aren't in the list at all.

This is intentional, read the FAQs and see the "Show users  for
privileges" option

Regards,
Andreas

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
"A.j. Langereis"

> A.j. Langereis wrote:
> > I would like to add to this, that it is niether possible to select
> > individual users here: They aren't in the list at all.
>
> This is intentional, read the FAQs and see the "Show users  for
> privileges" option

Oops :D

Sorry didn't see that. Please ignore also the feature request for the double
clicking in the tree-view: found that option as well ;)

Your sincerely,

Aarjan Langereis

> Regards,
> Andreas

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
"A.j. Langereis"
Date:
I think what Traci ment here is that it's not possible to select a
differenct name from the combobox by clicking in the list of names.
Nevertheless it is possible to do this via the scrollwheel of your mouse.

Your sincerely,

Aarjan Langereis

> Traci Sumpter wrote:
> > pgAdmin III 1.4.0 Nov 5 2005
> >
> > When you select the user group to grant permissions to the selection
remains
> > on public and are not able to change
>
> You have to use the ADD and REMOVE buttons.
>
> Regards

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
A.j. Langereis wrote:
> I think what Traci ment here is that it's not possible to select a
> differenct name from the combobox by clicking in the list of names.

Works for me both on win32 and gtk.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
"A.j. Langereis"
Date:
> A.j. Langereis wrote:
> > I think what Traci ment here is that it's not possible to select a
> > differenct name from the combobox by clicking in the list of names.
>
> Works for me both on win32 and gtk.

Hmmm. that is stange: I'm using Win XP here and I'm unable to click on an
item in the combobox. This is, for as far as I have seen, the only combobox
that has this problem: Selecting another table owner, for instance, is no
problem.

Maybe you could compare these two in order to find any differences that may
cause the problemen?

Yours,

Aarjan

Ps. the problem is in both the privilege tab page and in the grant wizard.

> Regards,
> Andreas

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
"Traci Sumpter"
Date:
I am using XP at the moment PostgreSQL 7.4 ( moving to 8.0 shortly (on
linux))

I am referring to the inability to select the "group" to assign the
permissions to,  I can Only assign to public (pointless) Unless as I have
read I use a middle mouse scroll..

Small bug, But the grant wizard is a very useful tool

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
Dave Page

On 20/11/05 4:06 pm, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> wrote:

> A.j. Langereis wrote:
>> I think what Traci ment here is that it's not possible to select a
>> differenct name from the combobox by clicking in the list of names.
>
> Works for me both on win32 and gtk.

And for me on OS X.

Regards, Dave

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Date:
On 20 Nov 2005 at 17:19, A.j. Langereis wrote:

> Hmmm. that is stange: I'm using Win XP here and I'm unable to click on an
> item in the combobox. This is, for as far as I have seen, the only combobox
> that has this problem: Selecting another table owner, for instance, is no

I have the same behaviour on WinXP - I can't click on an item in the
combobox, but I can scroll down (if the combobox has focus) using the
arrow keys or the middle mouse button.

--Ray O'Donnell

Raymond O'Donnell     http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod@iol.ie                          Galway Cathedral Recitals

Re: BUG: Grant Wizard

From
"Dave Page"

Actually, I can reproduce this on XP. It's the autocomplete that's doing
it - once public is highlighted, nothing else can be selected.

Andreas, any ideas what's different about this instance?

Regards, Dave