pgAdmin III v1.4.0 Beta 2 released for testing

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Beta 2 of pgAdmin 1.4.0, the graphical PostgreSQL administration tool
for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris is now available for download
from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/beta/

V1.4.0 contains a number of new features including:

- Slony-I support
- An SQL/shell job scheduling agent
- PostgreSQL 8.1 support
    - Autovacuum administration
    - Roles
    - Stored procedures (ie. Functions with OUT parameters)
    - Prepared transactions
- Allow server registration without connect
- Allow connection selection in the query tool
- Major source tree and architecture overhaul to allow further
extensibility
- Unix domain socket support
- 'Guru Hints' to help new users
- Password can be stored in .pgass/pgpass.conf files
- New graphics throughout
- Alert the user when a query finishes in the query tool if the window
is not active

As well as many other tweaks, improvements and bug fixes.

Please take some time to test the new beta and report any bugs to
pgadmin-support@postgresql.org. With your help we can make this the most
bug free release possible.

Regards, Dave

Re: pgAdmin III v1.4.0 Beta 2 released for testing

From
Roberto Tagliaferri
Dave Page wrote:
> Beta 2 of pgAdmin 1.4.0, the graphical PostgreSQL administration tool
> for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris is now available for download
> from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/beta/

There is a "little" problem:
if i install this version (or snapshot 20051011) when i open a database
i receive:

ERROR:  column reference "proname" is ambiguous

and no tables are present, with snapshot 20050928 is all ok
--
Roberto Tagliaferri
Responsabile Progettazione & Produzione

Re: pgAdmin III v1.4.0 Beta 2 released for testing

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Roberto Tagliaferri wrote:

> There is a "little" problem:
> if i install this version (or snapshot 20051011) when i open a database
> i receive:
>
> ERROR:  column reference "proname" is ambiguous

This is a bug for 7.x servers; already fixed but unfortunately
post-Beta2 (new snapshot is ok). Thx for reporting anyway.

Regards,
Andreas

Date:
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Roberto Tagliaferri wrote:
>

>> There is a "little" problem:
>> if i install this version (or snapshot 20051011) when i open a
>> database i receive:
>>
>> ERROR:  column reference "proname" is ambiguous
>>

> This is a bug for 7.x servers; already fixed but unfortunately
> post-Beta2 (new snapshot is ok). Thx for reporting anyway.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

In 20051012 the bug is present (from
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/slackware/pgadmin3-20051012.tgz )

--
Roberto Tagliaferri
Responsabile Progettazione & Produzione
TosNet s.r.l. - Internet Service Provider
r.tagliaferri@tosnet.it
www.tosnet.it

Re: pgAdmin III v1.4.0 Beta 2 released for testing

From
"Dave Page"

Yes - that snapshot was built before the beta. Last nights Slackware
build (which would have contained the fix) failed because of a stupid
mistake on my part (which I'm fixing now).

Dave Page wrote:

> Yes - that snapshot was built before the beta. Last nights Slackware
> build (which would have contained the fix) failed because of a stupid
> mistake on my part (which I'm fixing now).
>
> Regards, Dave

Ok, it's work fine now.
Thank's