Column sys?

From
Walter Haslbeck
Date:
Hello,

I'v installed the latest win32 binary snapshot (20050603). When I try to  connect to a remote 8.0.3 DB, I get the
Messageboxwith "ERROR: column

"sys" does not exist".

The DB logfile looks like:

2005-06-14 08:15:30 CEST postgres amg [2047] idle :LOG:  statement:
SELECT lan.oid, lan.lanname, lanpltrusted, lanacl, hp.proname as
lanproc, vp.proname as lanval, description  FROM pg_language lan  JOIN pg_proc hp on hp.oid=lanplcallfoid  LEFT OUTER
JOINpg_proc vp on vp.oid=lanvalidator  LEFT OUTER JOIN pg_description des ON des.objoid=lan.oid AND

des.objsubid=0 WHERE lanispl IS TRUE ORDER BY lanname
2005-06-14 08:15:30 CEST postgres amg [2047] idle :LOG:  statement:
SELECT nspname FROM pg_namespace nsp  JOIN pg_proc pr ON pronamespace=nsp.oid WHERE proname IN ('slonyversion')
2005-06-14 08:15:30 CEST postgres amg [2047] idle :LOG:  statement:
SELECT CASE WHEN nspname LIKE 'pg\_temp\_%%' THEN 1            WHEN nsp.oid<17228 OR nspname like 'pg\_%' THEN 0
   ELSE 3 END AS nsptyp,       nsp.nspname, nsp.oid, pg_get_userbyid(nspowner) AS

namespaceowner, nspacl, description,       has_schema_privilege(nsp.oid,
'CREATE') as cancreate  FROM pg_namespace nsp  LEFT OUTER JOIN pg_description des ON des.objoid=nsp.oidWHERE
(nsp.nspnameNOT LIKE 'pg\_%' AND nsp.nspname NOT in

('information_schema', sys)) ORDER BY 1, nspname
2005-06-14 08:15:30 CEST postgres amg [2047] SELECT :ERROR:  column
"sys" does not exist

Walter

Re: Column sys?

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi.

It is already Andreas fixed,
However, it was a 20050607.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2005-06/msg00035.php
Will you try it by the fresher thing?

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

From: "Walter Haslbeck" <wh@hillerzentri.de>

> Hello,
>
> I'v installed the latest win32 binary snapshot (20050603). When I try to
>   connect to a remote 8.0.3 DB, I get the Messagebox with "ERROR: column
> "sys" does not exist".
>
> The DB logfile looks like:

Re: Column sys?

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi.
>
> It is already Andreas fixed,
> However, it was a 20050607.
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2005-06/msg00035.php
> Will you try it by the fresher thing?

Sorry, no new snapshot available yet.
As a workaround, you can switch on "display system objects".

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Column sys?

From
"Dave Page"

Speaking of which - did you notice we now have a new, easy-to-build
installer for Windows based on the open source Wix toolset? If you've
objection we can easily start producing snapshots using that.

/D

Re: Column sys?

From
Tino Wildenhain
Am Dienstag, den 14.06.2005, 08:32 +0100 schrieb Dave Page:

> [...]
wow. might be an option for the database itself too?
I read a couple of install problems lately on the lists.
--
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>

Re: Column sys?

From
"Dave Page"

We already wrote the db installer in Wix (that's the Wix project I cut
my teeth on). And out of the 100K+ downloads, I don't think a couple of
bug reports is too bad considering how complex that particular installer
is :-)

/D

Re: Column sys?

From
Tino Wildenhain
Date:
Am Dienstag, den 14.06.2005, 09:38 +0100 schrieb Dave Page:

> [...]

Ah ok. And I see there was no german involved in the naming of the
project *giggle* ;)

--
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>