pgadmin3 on Debian sarge

From
ow
Date:
Hi,

It appears that pgadmin3 on Debian sarge/testing is somewhat broken (see errors
below). Would someone clarify the easiest way to proceed with pgadmin3
installation on Debian?

Thanks in advance

# aptitude install --show-versions --simulate  pgadmin3/unstable
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
E: Unable to correct dependencies, some packages cannot be installed
E: Unable to resolve some dependencies!
Some packages had unmet dependencies.  This may mean that you have
or been moved out of Incoming.

The following packages have unmet dependencies: pgadmin3: Depends: libwxgtk2.5.3 (>= 2.5.3.2) which is a virtual
package.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: pgadmin3 on Debian sarge

From
Dominik Blystak
Date:
Hi,

that's not an issue of pgadmin3 but from the deb package itself. You should
contact the package maintainer of pgadmin3 for further information.

regards,
Dominik Blystak

Am Montag, 23. Mai 2005 05:17 schrieb ow:
> Hi,
>
> It appears that pgadmin3 on Debian sarge/testing is somewhat broken (see
> errors below). Would someone clarify the easiest way to proceed with
> pgadmin3 installation on Debian?
>
> Thanks in advance

> # aptitude install --show-versions --simulate  pgadmin3/unstable
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> Reading task descriptions... Done
> E: Unable to correct dependencies, some packages cannot be installed
> E: Unable to resolve some dependencies!
> Some packages had unmet dependencies.  This may mean that you have
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   pgadmin3: Depends: libwxgtk2.5.3 (>= 2.5.3.2) which is a virtual package.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: pgadmin3 on Debian sarge

From
ow
Date:
Hi,

I'll file a bug but since the package is in unstable it may take a long time
before it's fixed. Meanwhile, what's the best way to go about installing
pgadmin on Debian? wxWigets 2.6.0? pgadmin 1.2.2?

Thanks

--- Dominik Blystak <Dominik.Blystak@pro-open.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> that's not an issue of pgadmin3 but from the deb package itself. You should
> contact the package maintainer of pgadmin3 for further information.
>
> regards,
> Dominik Blystak

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail