pg_dump from pgadmin and Postgres 8.0

From
KÖPFERL Robert
Date:
Hi,
I am currently using pg_dump which was delivered with the 14.1.-Version of
PgAdmin III on a 8.0 database.

Issuing the following command:
C:\tools\PGADMI~1>pg_dump.exe -i -h pgv8host -p 5432 -U admin -F p -v
somedb

Results in:
pg_dump.exe: reading schemas
pg_dump.exe: SQL command failed
pg_dump.exe: Error message from server: ERROR:  column "nsptablespace" does
not exist
pg_dump.exe: The command was: SELECT tableoid, oid, nspname, (select usename
from pg_user where nspowner = usesysid) as usename, nsp
acl, (SELECT spcname FROM pg_tablespace t WHERE t.oid = nsptablespace) AS
nsptablespace FROM pg_namespace
pg_dump.exe: *** aborted because of error

What's wrong?

Has it to do with template0/1?

Re: pg_dump from pgadmin and Postgres 8.0

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
KÖPFERL Robert wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently using pg_dump which was delivered with the 14.1.-Version of
> PgAdmin III on a 8.0 database.
>
> Issuing the following command:
> C:\tools\PGADMI~1>pg_dump.exe -i -h pgv8host -p 5432 -U admin -F p -v
> somedb
>
> Results in:
> pg_dump.exe: reading schemas
> pg_dump.exe: SQL command failed
> pg_dump.exe: Error message from server: ERROR:  column "nsptablespace" does
> not exist

Dave,

I've seen this too, but thought this resulted from my screwed
installation. Apparently pg_dump is still a pre-Beta5 version?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pg_dump from pgadmin and Postgres 8.0

From
"Dave Page"

Nope. The .exe is versioned 8.0beta5, and it dumps an 8.0 gold database quite happily (just confirmed from a fresh pga3
installation).

Perhaps Robert has an older .exe in his path someplace?

Regards, Dave

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Apparently it's *me* who's distributing outdated stuff with snapshots...

Corrected in next snapshot.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pg_dump from pgadmin and Postgres 8.0

From
"Dave Page"

;-) Open wide, insert beer....

/D