datpath does not exist

From
uxrules@netscape.net (Jamie Bohr)
Date:
Hello All,

I am very new to PostgreSQL and am tring to get PostgreSQL and pgadmin3 to work together.  I have a RH 9 system with a
PostgreSQL8.0 beta (compliled from source) and pgadmin3 1.0.2 from an RPM.  I am able to connect to PostgreSQL with
pgadmin3but when I select on databases I get this:

ERROR:  column "datpath" does not exist

I have looked all over the Internet but all the references said I needed to run pgadmin3 which I am.  I even deleted
thedatabases I had, after making copies, and did an initdb.  Still no good.  What am I missing? I need this working for
aDB programming cource I am in.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

- Jamie

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Re: datpath does not exist

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Jamie Bohr wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> ERROR:  column "datpath" does not exist
>
> I have looked all over the Internet but all the references said I needed to run pgadmin3 which I am.

Hm, not sure where you looked. If searching google or this list, you
would have found the solution.

Use a newer pgAdmin3, i.e. the freshly released 1.2 Beta-1.

Regards,
Andreas

PS added to FAQ now.

Re: datpath does not exist

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi Jamie,

You need to be running a very recent pgAdmin with PostgreSQL 8.0. You can download the latest beta from
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin3/beta.Be aware though - there is a known bug in the SQL generation code in that
release- it will be fixed in the next beta which shouldn't be far away.

Regards, Dave.

I am very new to PostgreSQL and am tring to get PostgreSQL and pgadmin3 to work together.  I have a RH 9 system with a
PostgreSQL8.0 beta (compliled from source) and pgadmin3 1.0.2 from an RPM.  I am able to connect to PostgreSQL with
pgadmin3but when I select on databases I get this:

ERROR:  column "datpath" does not exist

I have looked all over the Internet but all the references said I needed to run pgadmin3 which I am.  I even deleted
thedatabases I had, after making copies, and did an initdb.  Still no good.  What am I missing? I need this working for
aDB programming cource I am in.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

- Jamie

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to
majordomo@postgresql.org)

Re: datpath does not exist

From
uxrules@netscape.net (Jamie Bohr)
Date:
Thank you for your responce.  I downloaded it and tried compiling it.  First it said I needed wx-config so I downloaed
andcompiled it, then it said I needed to install a stc package.  Does someone have an RPM that will work with RH9?  Or
havea yum repository I can point to?

- Jamie

"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi Jamie,
>
>You need to be running a very recent pgAdmin with PostgreSQL 8.0. You can download the latest beta from
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin3/beta.Be aware though - there is a known bug in the SQL generation code in that
release- it will be fixed in the next beta which shouldn't be far away.

>Regards, Dave.

No, there aren't any RPMs yet I'm afraid (too early in the beta). STC
(and XRC which will also be needed) are both part of wxWidgets anyway
though - if you follow the instructions at
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.php#source it should compile
without futher problems.

Regards,d ave