pgAdmin III and PSQL

From
"Stefan Donath"
Date:
hi,

i'm totally new at postgres, postgis and pgadmin. so the question i have
might be pretty silly to you but i cannot work it out for myself:

how can i use psql-commands in pgadmin???

i tried the query tool and got the message ERROR:  syntax error at or near
"psql" at character 1

so what's wrong? can anybody help????
thanks, stefan.

Re: pgAdmin III and PSQL

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Stefan Donath wrote:

>hi,
>
>i'm totally new at postgres, postgis and pgadmin. so the question i have
>might be pretty silly to you but i cannot work it out for myself:
>
>how can i use psql-commands in pgadmin???

Not at all.
pgAdmin3 is not psql (as the name may suggest...), we're no GUI on top
of psql. Only pgsql is allowed.
All psql features are implemented in menus etc.

Regards,
Andreas