PG Admin III

From
"Paul Aviles"
Date:
Hello, I am having problems connecting to my PG server from PG Admin III ver 1.02 on a remote PC. I am getting an error saying that PG must be version > than 7.3. Is there a way to bypass that?

Thanks

Re: PG Admin III

From
Tino Wildenhain
Date:
Hi Paul,

Paul Aviles schrieb:
> Hello, I am having problems connecting to my PG server from PG Admin III
> ver 1.02 on a remote PC. I am getting an error saying that PG must be
> version > than 7.3. Is there a way to bypass that?

yeah. you have 2 options:

1) Use PG AdminII for Postgresql <7.3
2) Upgrade your database to 7.3 or 7.4

Regards
Tino Wildenhain

Re: PG Admin III

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi Paul,

No, I'm afraid not. There were significant changes to PostgreSQL catalogues and logical object hierarchy between 7.2 and 7.3 so ut was not practical to support both versions.

pgAdmin II will work with PostgreSQL 7.2 however.

Regards, Dave.

Hello, I am having problems connecting to my PG server from PG Admin III ver 1.02 on a remote PC. I am getting an error saying that PG must be version > than 7.3. Is there a way to bypass that?

Thanks

Re: PG Admin III

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Paul Aviles wrote:

> Hello, I am having problems connecting to my PG server from PG Admin
> III ver 1.02 on a remote PC. I am getting an error saying that PG must
> be version > than 7.3. Is there a way to bypass that?

We'd strongly recommend to upgrade to 7.4.1 (don't forget to run
adddepend) if reasonable.
There have been lots of improvements in the meantime you're missing.

Regards,
Andreas

Subset edit data view

From
"Matt Doggett"
Date:
I've been using pgaccess for a while and decided to give pgadmin a try
and see how it compares, so I'm new here. One thing I'd like to do is be able to interactively edit data in the
database.  I notice that pgadmin offers a "view data" where you can do
this, and that's great. However, I have some data tables that contain
millions of records in them.  And, as far as I can tell, pgadmin will
try to load the ENTIRE table to view (which takes a ridiculous amount of
time). Is there any way to control this?  In pgacess you could limit the
records that were displayed for editing with simple constraints like in
an SQL WHERE clause. I think it would be great if pgadmin could do that
as well.

Matt

Re: Subset edit data view

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Matt Doggett wrote:

>I've been using pgaccess for a while and decided to give pgadmin a try
>and see how it compares, so I'm new here.
>  One thing I'd like to do is be able to interactively edit data in the
>database.  I notice that pgadmin offers a "view data" where you can do
>this, and that's great. However, I have some data tables that contain
>millions of records in them.  And, as far as I can tell, pgadmin will
>try to load the ENTIRE table to view (which takes a ridiculous amount of
>time).

No, it does only load the displayed data.

>Is there any way to control this?  In pgacess you could limit the
>records that were displayed for editing with simple constraints like in
>an SQL WHERE clause.

1.1 has a filter option.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: PG Admin III

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
>> Hello, I am having problems connecting to my PG server from PG Admin
>> III ver 1.02 on a remote PC. I am getting an error saying that PG must
>> be version > than 7.3. Is there a way to bypass that?
>

> yeah. you have 2 options:
>
> 1) Use PG AdminII for Postgresql <7.3
> 2) Upgrade your database to 7.3 or 7.4

Or switch to phpPgAdmin 3.2.1 - that supports all 7.x versions of
PostgreSQL.

Chris