How to rename objects using the pgAdmin gui?

From
chris@zenmgt.com
Date:
I'm using pgAdmin III v1.02 on Windows XP and I'm new to being a DBA and
SQL.

Using pgAdmin is easy and helps me learn about the commands used to
administer the database.

The problem I'm having is I'm unable to rename objects. For example, I
wanted to rename a column, but the gui doesn't seem to have the capability
to do it.

Chris

Re: How to rename objects using the pgAdmin gui?

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Chris,

Open the properties dialogue for the object (eg. Right-click,
Properties) and then edit the name in the dialogue and click OK. There
are probably still a few object types that cannot be renamed but I can't
think of them off-hand (feel like a zombie today and the coffee's not
ready yet!). Columns and tables etc. should certainly be renamable.

Regards Dave.