Crash

From
"Rodrigo"
Date:
Hi.

When trying to see the properties of any table, pgAdmin crashes.

I'm using the pgadmin3-20031228-Win32.zip snapshot on Win2k.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Crash

From
Michael Shapiro
Date:
I am using the same snapshot. However, pgAdmin does not crash for me when
requesting table properties.

At 02:43 PM 12/30/2003 -0500, Rodrigo wrote:
>Hi.
>
>When trying to see the properties of any table, pgAdmin crashes.
>
>I'm using the pgadmin3-20031228-Win32.zip snapshot on Win2k.
>
>Thanks for your time.

>TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your
>       joining column's datatypes do not match

---
Michael

Re: Crash

From
"Rodrigo"
Date:
"Michael Shapiro" <mshapiro@ncsa.edu> wrote
> I am using the same snapshot. However, pgAdmin does not crash for me when
> requesting table properties.

Hmm, maybe it's time to format the HD and do a fresh install of Win2K,
probably a lot of crap installed.

Thanks for the fast response.

Re: Crash

From
"Dave Page"

Woah, easy there! I do see the problem with CVS tip, I just haven't been
able to look at it yet (holidays/cold that won't go away etc). Andreas,
I don't suppose it could be anything to do with the refactoring you've
been doing recently?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Crash

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
It could possibly, we had one problem with dlgDatabase, but Table is
quite standard so it should work.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Crash

From
"Dave Page"

OK, got it. The error crept in here
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pgadmin3/src/ui/dlgProperty.c
pp.diff?r1=1.64&r2=1.65 - in a nutshell, the connection object was never
set to anything before being used.

Fixed in CVS tip - should be in the next snapshot.

Regards, Dave.