Estimated rowcount bug not fixed in pgadmin3 1.0.2.

From
Constantin Stefanov
Date:
Hello.

I reported a bug about wrong estimated rowcount, and it was resolved.
In changelog (http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/development.php#changelog)
it is shown as fixed in 1.0.2 (there is line)
"2003-10-23 AP 1.0.2 Fix estimated rowcount". I understood it as the bug
was fixed in 1.0.2.
But when I open my database with a large table, I see in table
properties that number of estimated rows is 8. But when I run query in
psql, it says:
accounting=# SELECT relname, reltuples from pg_class where relname =
'ip_accounting';   relname    |  reltuples
---------------+-------------ip_accounting | 8.88473e+07
When I set option "count rows if estimated less than" to 100, for
example, it begins to count rows immediately after I click on the table.
So, as I see, the bug is not fixed.
Which is the true - in changelog or in binary? I downloaded the binary
after I read message about "pgadmin 1.0.2" released. In Help->About it
says that it is "Version 1.0.2 (28 Nov 2003)".

--
Constantin Stefanov

Re: Estimated rowcount bug not fixed in pgadmin3

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Constantin Stefanov wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I reported a bug about wrong estimated rowcount, and it was resolved.

You're right, the backport from cvs head to stable was missed, although
changelog tells different stories.
It's fixed in cvs stable now, and will be included in 1.0.3 and any
current snapshot.

Regards,
Andreas