Problems with editor

From
Lauris Bukšis
Date:
Hi!
  In query window I can't enter latvian special characters like "š",
"ņ", etc. That is a real problem for me ;)  Second thing is that when editing table data and if I insert new
record from there and press button to save edited line it doesn't fill
in column default values!

Lafriks

Re: Problems with editor

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Lauris Bukšis wrote:

> Hi!
>
>   In query window I can't enter latvian special characters like "š",
> "ņ", etc. That is a real problem for me ;)

I've heard that problem before, but can't imagine what should cause
this. Which platform/version are you using?

>   Second thing is that when editing table data and if I insert new
> record from there and press button to save edited line it doesn't fill
> in column default values!

The Edit Grid shouldn't insert anything if you leave a field empty, thus
forcing the backend to fill in default data. Please check in SQL logging
if this works ok for you.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Problems with editor

From
Lafriks
Date:
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Lauris Bukšis wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>   In query window I can't enter latvian special characters like "š",
>> "ņ", etc. That is a real problem for me ;)
>

> I've heard that problem before, but can't imagine what should cause
> this. Which platform/version are you using?

Win2K, pgAdminIII 1.0.2 also 1.1.0devel has the same problem. I think I
had the same problem on Mandrake, too.

>>   Second thing is that when editing table data and if I insert new
>> record from there and press button to save edited line it doesn't fill
>> in column default values!
>

> The Edit Grid shouldn't insert anything if you leave a field empty, thus
> forcing the backend to fill in default data. Please check in SQL logging
> if this works ok for you.

I know it should insert anything but after inserting it should display
correctly what _is_ inserted including default values. Otherwise I have
to close and reopen window to see what is realy inserted.

Lafriks

Re: Problems with editor

From
Andreas Pflug
Lafriks wrote:

> I know it should insert anything but after inserting it should display
> correctly what _is_ inserted including default values. Otherwise I
> have to close and reopen window to see what is realy inserted.

Just hit reload to get it. Currently, a freshly inserted/updated row
isn't reread automatically.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Problems with editor

From
Andreas Pflug
Lafriks wrote:

>> Just hit reload to get it. Currently, a freshly inserted/updated row
>> isn't reread automatically.
>

> but that's not the way it should happen ;) at least I think so :)

Christmas is near, so you can put it on the wish list...
I'll put it on TODO.txt.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Problems with editor

From
Lafriks
Date:
Thanks ;) and it would be realy nice if someone could find out where is
the problem why can't enter latvian special characters in query window..
The most interesting thing about that is... some chars I can enter and
some I can't :)

Lafriks

Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Lafriks wrote:
>

>>> Just hit reload to get it. Currently, a freshly inserted/updated row
>>> isn't reread automatically.
>>

>> but that's not the way it should happen ;) at least I think so :)
>

> Christmas is near, so you can put it on the wish list...
> I'll put it on TODO.txt.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Re: Problems with editor

From
Andreas Pflug
Lafriks wrote:

> Thanks ;) and it would be realy nice if someone could find out where
> is the problem why can't enter latvian special characters in query
> window.. The most interesting thing about that is... some chars I can
> enter and some I can't :)

Lafriks,

could you investigate this further? Which OS are you using? If win32,
can you send a Unicode file (Notepad/save as..) containing non-working
characters?

Regards,
Andreas