SuSE 9.0/pgadmin3

From
GuineaPig
Date:
Hello,

While installing pgadmin3 on SuSE 9.0, I get this error during the .
configure...

configure: error: you must specify a valid pgsql installation with
--with-pgsql=DIR

I already tried different paths, but no succes so far...

Anybody a clue ?  Installation of wxWindows is ok...

Tnx,
Tom

Re: SuSE 9.0/pgadmin3

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Jeudi 27 Novembre 2003 10:38, GuineaPig a écrit :
> While installing pgadmin3 on SuSE 9.0, I get this error during the .
> configure...

Hello, Just for information, did you try installing the binaries from:
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/suse82

If installation works, I would prefer to display SuSE 8.2/9.0.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel Pouré

Re: SuSE 9.0/pgadmin3

From
GuineaPig
Date:
When I try the installation with the binaries Yast complains about
unresolved dependencies on libcrypto.so.0.9.6 en libssl.so.0.9.6.  Both
should be in the openssl packages if I'm not mistaken.  I have openssl
0.9.7b installed.  Any advice ?

Greetings,
Tom

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Le Jeudi 27 Novembre 2003 10:38, GuineaPig a écrit :
>> While installing pgadmin3 on SuSE 9.0, I get this error during the .
>> configure...
>
> Hello, Just for information, did you try installing the binaries from:
> http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/suse82
>
> If installation works, I would prefer to display SuSE 8.2/9.0.
>
> Best regards,
> Jean-Michel Pouré

Re: SuSE 9.0/pgadmin3

From
Andreas Pflug
GuineaPig wrote:

>When I try the installation with the binaries Yast complains about
>unresolved dependencies on libcrypto.so.0.9.6 en libssl.so.0.9.6.  Both
>should be in the openssl packages if I'm not mistaken.  I have openssl
>0.9.7b installed.  Any advice ?

Hu?
IMHO this should better be using 0.97, linked statically.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: SuSE 9.0/pgadmin3

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Mardi 02 Décembre 2003 01:34, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
> Hu?
> IMHO this should better be using 0.97, linked statically.

Dear Andreas,

I don't know yet wether I should upgrade or not to OpenSSH 0.97 ro keep
compatibility with both SuSE 8.2 and 9.0. I am going to try...

Is this a possible explaination to the SSL bug in pgAdmin?

Cheers, Jean-Michel

Re: SuSE 9.0/pgadmin3

From
GuineaPig
Date:
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> GuineaPig wrote:
>
>>When I try the installation with the binaries Yast complains about
>>unresolved dependencies on libcrypto.so.0.9.6 en libssl.so.0.9.6.  Both
>>should be in the openssl packages if I'm not mistaken.  I have openssl
>>0.9.7b installed.  Any advice ?
>>

> Hu?
> IMHO this should better be using 0.97, linked statically.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

So what should I do ?  Downgrade openssl or compile openssl 0.97 from
source ?  I would prefer not to change my existing installation...  Anyone
knows about another solution ?

Tnx,
Tom

Re: SuSE 9.0/pgadmin3

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Mardi 02 Décembre 2003 09:07, GuineaPig a écrit :
> > IMHO this should better be using 0.97, linked statically.
> So what should I do ?  Downgrade openssl or compile openssl 0.97 from
> source ?  I would prefer not to change my existing installation...  Anyone
> knows about another solution ?

This was a developer message from Andreas proposing to change pgAdmin build
script. It may take some time. On my side, I will try to build a more
compliant SuSE installation today. Stay tuned.

Jean-Michel

Re: SuSE 9.0/pgadmin3

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Mardi 02 Décembre 2003 09:07, GuineaPig a écrit :
>

>>>IMHO this should better be using 0.97, linked statically.
>>>

>>So what should I do ?  Downgrade openssl or compile openssl 0.97 from
>>source ?  I would prefer not to change my existing installation...  Anyone
>>knows about another solution ?

I'd recommend to use always the latest stuff, esp. if security related.
So I'd recommend 0.9.7c.
You may compile from source now, or wait for an enhanced binary
distribution.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: SuSE 9.0/pgadmin3

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Mardi 02 Décembre 2003 10:52, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
> I'd recommend to use always the latest stuff, esp. if security related.
> So I'd recommend 0.9.7c.
> You may compile from source now, or wait for an enhanced binary
> distribution.

OK, thanks, I will check that all SSL packages are upgraded as well...