many panels are too small

From
teknokrat
Date:
The maintenance frame is too small to read all the messages. can this be
made resizable with maybe an option to save verbose messages to a file?
Ditto for the server status dialog. I can never see the full query being  executed.

Re: many panels are too small

From
"Dave Page"

Hi,

I have added some items to the todo list to cover these suggestions.

Cheers, Dave.

Re: many panels are too small

From
teknokrat

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

thats great. I'd like to know if there is any effort under way to add
greater monitoring and visualisation features to pgadmin. for example it
would be great if pgadmin could examine the output of vacuum verbose and
make recommendations on vacuum frequency etc. Or perhaps doing some
analysis of the statistics collected and recommending better settings.
maybe coming up with a better graphical display for analyze ( with
problems/slowdowns hilighted) etc.

Re: many panels are too small

From
"Dave Page"

HI,

There are no plans currently to attempt to analyse vacuum output etc - I
suspect this could be potentially quite difficult to do effectively and
accurately (I'm not even sure off hand if it would give any particularly
useful info).

There are however, plans for an index checker that will warn if you have
missing indexes that will help foreign keys work efficiently. I believe
Andreas has already commited some code for this.

Regards, Dave.

Re: many panels are too small

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>There are however, plans for an index checker that will warn if you have
>missing indexes that will help foreign keys work efficiently. I believe
>Andreas has already commited some code for this.

Not really, just some preparation so far.

Regards,
Andreas