Mac OS X

From
Victor Spång Arthursson
Date:
Hi everyone!

New to the list and without any good results from my searching around
the net I wonder if there is any pgadmin to Mac OS X or if it's
possible to run it in some other way, for exemple using X11…

Best regards,

Victor

Re: Mac OS X

From
blacknoz@club-internet.fr
Date:
Hi Victor!

Thank you for using pgAdmin. Mac OS X port is mostly done by Adam H. Pendleton and last time I heard news about it the
productwas running but  with strange behaviour for everything concerning the fonts. As far as I understood, Mac OS X
lacksa real good unicode support which partly breaks the build.

May be Adam (cced) will be able to tell more...

Regards,
Raphaël

>New to the list and without any good results from my searching around
>the net I wonder if there is any pgadmin to Mac OS X or if it's
>possible to run it in some other way, for exemple using X11…
>
>Best regards,
>
>Victor

>TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Mac OS X

From
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Date:
blacknoz@club-internet.fr wrote:

>Hi Victor!
>
>Thank you for using pgAdmin. Mac OS X port is mostly done by Adam H. Pendleton and last time I heard news about it the
productwas running but  with strange behaviour for everything concerning the fonts. As far as I understood, Mac OS X
lacksa real good unicode support which partly breaks the build.

>May be Adam (cced) will be able to tell more...

You explained it just right.  The application compiles and runs, but
because of the lack of Unicode support, all the strings are garbled.
The last communication I had with Stefan, he said he was going to look
at the Mac Unicode support and see if it couldn't be fixed.  On a side
note, I should be getting Panther tomorrow, so maybe we'll have a Mac OS
X 10.3 port by next week.  :)

ahp

Re: Mac OS X

From
Victor Spång Arthursson
Date:
2003-11-03 kl. 18.19 skrev Adam H. Pendleton:

>> May be Adam (cced) will be able to tell more...
>>

> You explained it just right.  The application compiles and runs, but
> because of the lack of Unicode support, all the strings are garbled.
> The last communication I had with Stefan, he said he was going to look
> at the Mac Unicode support and see if it couldn't be fixed.  On a side
> note, I should be getting Panther tomorrow, so maybe we'll have a Mac
> OS X 10.3 port by next week.  :)

Well, both this answers seem promising, so I'll just hang on and wait
for a while. Know a lot of other people as well that are interested, so
a port would be fine…

Strange bout the unicode problem; thought the strong support for
unicode was one of OS X advantages, but maybe not…

Sincerely

Victor