Unsupported frontend protocol

From
"Donald Fraser"
Date:
pgAdmin III devel 0.9.1 August 24th
PostgreSQL 7.3.4 on Redhat 7.2 GCC 2.96

I am getting the following type of messages in the server log file when using
pgAdmin III.

>Sep 18 09:31:00 CISX_Linux1 postgres[32277]: [2] FATAL: unsupported frontend
protocol

It does not stop pgAdmin from running in any way, but am just curious in case
it is some sort of bug.
My guess is that pgAdmin starts using the new 7.4 protocol and when that fails
it falls back to using an older protocol - would that be correct?

TIA
Donald

Re: Unsupported frontend protocol

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Donald Fraser wrote:

>pgAdmin III devel 0.9.1 August 24th
>PostgreSQL 7.3.4 on Redhat 7.2 GCC 2.96
>
>I am getting the following type of messages in the server log file when using
>pgAdmin III.
>

>>Sep 18 09:31:00 CISX_Linux1 postgres[32277]: [2] FATAL: unsupported frontend
>>

>protocol
>
>It does not stop pgAdmin from running in any way, but am just curious in case
>it is some sort of bug.
>My guess is that pgAdmin starts using the new 7.4 protocol and when that fails
>it falls back to using an older protocol - would that be correct?

This is my guess too, but I haven't looked at details. You could ask on
pgsql-hackers for more.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Unsupported frontend protocol