Viewing data in pgAdmin3

From
Miha Radej
Date:
Hi!

With pgAdmin3 0.9.0 beta 1 (Aug 6 2003) I connected to a database ().
I executed a 'SELECT * FROM "TableName";' query and it showed all the data
contained within the table. But when I wanted to looak at the data using
the "View Data" option, an empty window opened up and that was it. No data
was displayed.
At first I thought the problem appeared because I've tried viewing data in
an empty table but the same occured with tables already containing data.
Restarting (botg pgAdmin3 and Windows) and reinstalling pgAdmin3 didn't help.
I am running Windows 2000, sp3, and I just today downloaded pgAdmin3 (win32
binary). I'm been using English language (btw: how do I translate the
language file to Slovene and/or is someone already doing that?). I'm
connecting to PostgreSQL 7.3.2, running on FreeBSD 5.0.

Miha

Re: Viewing data in pgAdmin3

From
"Dave Page"

Hmm, is there a status message on the bottom of the window?

> Restarting (botg pgAdmin3 and Windows) and
> reinstalling pgAdmin3 didn't help. I am running Windows 2000,
> sp3, and I just today downloaded pgAdmin3 (win32
> binary).

pgAdmin III usually will never need reinstalling as it doesn't register
any files in the registry, and is a self contained executable :-)

> I'm been using English language (btw: how do I translate the
> language file to Slovene and/or is someone already doing that?). I'm
> connecting to PostgreSQL 7.3.2, running on FreeBSD 5.0.

Please see
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_U
S/translation_steps.html?rev=1.16 for details on this. If you need any
assistance, please email the pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org list.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Viewing data in pgAdmin3

From
Miha Radej
Date:
At 13:51 18.8.2003 +0100, you wrote:
> > With pgAdmin3 0.9.0 beta 1 (Aug 6 2003) I connected to a
> > database (). I executed a 'SELECT * FROM "TableName";' query
> > and it showed all the data
> > contained within the table. But when I wanted to looak at the
> > data using
> > the "View Data" option, an empty window opened up and that
> > was it. No data
> > was displayed.
> > At first I thought the problem appeared because I've tried
> > viewing data in
> > an empty table but the same occured with tables already
> > containing data.
>
>Hmm, is there a status message on the bottom of the window?

Yes, it just says "aborting." I did an Alt-PrtScr in order to take a
snapshot of the window and pgAdmin3 crashed. After anther tryout I found
out that pgAdmin3 crashed when I pressed the Alt key within the active and
empty "View data" window.
I've taken snapshots of the errors and put them here:
http://prkoritu.net/view_data_window.png -- the empty window I get after
pressing "View data"
http://prkoritu.net/view_data_error.png -- the (standard Windows) error I
get after pressing the Alt key in the above window.

> > I'm been using English language (btw: how do I translate the
> > language file to Slovene and/or is someone already doing that?). I'm
> > connecting to PostgreSQL 7.3.2, running on FreeBSD 5.0.
>
>Please see
>http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_U
>S/translation_steps.html?rev=1.16 for details on this. If you need any
>assistance, please email the pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org list.

Thank you!

PS: Sorry for PM.

--
Lp,
Miha

Re: Viewing data in pgAdmin3

From
"Dave Page"

Ahh, yes, of course - good call!! It was failing to quote pkey which it
sorts the data by.

Fix committed to CVS.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Viewing data in pgAdmin3

> [...]