PgAdmin III Bug: cannot enter national characters in query tool

From
"Matej Rizman"
Date:
PgAdmin III 0.9.0 BETA 1 (Aug 6 2003) on Windows XP

(Slovenian letters: s with hachek and z with hachek) in query tool. I can
enter this character in other text boxes. If I switch keyboard layout to
English and press this key (i.e. key that is used in Slovenian keyboard
layout to enter š or ž), the characters [ and \ are displayed correctly.

Other characters can be entered without problem.

Regards,
Matej Rizman

Re: PgAdmin III Bug: cannot enter national characters

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Matej Rizman wrote:

>PgAdmin III 0.9.0 BETA 1 (Aug 6 2003) on Windows XP

>(Slovenian letters: s with hachek and z with hachek) in query tool. I can
>enter this character in other text boxes. If I switch keyboard layout to
>English and press this key (i.e. key that is used in Slovenian keyboard
>layout to enter š or ž), the characters [ and \ are displayed correctly.
>
>Other characters can be entered without problem.

Hi Matej,

I'm clueless. Nobody mentioned any char entering problems so far, and I
don't see anything special about these hachek chars, not even their
8-bit representation (0x9a and 0x9e). I can load files with them and can
copy and paste them without problem.
Unfortunately, I can't enter the char using Alt-Numpad, because the stc
control interprets these keys themselves (word-wise skipping), nor do I
have a Slovenian kb setting on my machine.

Can you compile from source? Can you check the STC example from
wxWindows with unicode first?

Regards,
Andreas

Nonexistent URL on the pgAdmin3 website

From
Miha Radej
Date:
Hi!

On the pgAdmin3 site
(http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/development.php#dev_snap) there's a link,
pointing to daily snapshots for Windows. It is currently pointing to
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/windows which doesn't exist, it should be
either http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/win32/ or
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/win32-installer/ .

--