pgAdmin3 font behaviour under KDE

From
Jason Godden
Date:
Hi All,

I've been using pgAdmin3 quite a bit (my hat is off a second time to you and
your team Dave - very very nice) however I don't know how to correct the font
size under kde.

When I run the app in Gnome the font sizes are goverened quite nicely by
Gnome's settings so I can scale as desired.  When I run it in KDE the default
font sizes are used and these are quite large.  I presumed that under X when
you run a Gnome app in another Window manager that it would run using your
current GTK setup (I think this works with QT and kde apps in other Window
Managers).

Anybody have any hints as to how the font sizes that I desire can be achieved?
I'm presuming passing something on the command line would do it (I haven't
googled for it yet).

Rgds,

Jason

Re: pgAdmin3 font behaviour under KDE

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
It's rumoured that Jason Godden once said:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been using pgAdmin3 quite a bit (my hat is off a second time to
> you and  your team Dave - very very nice)

Thanks. :-)

> however I don't know how to
> correct the font  size under kde.

You shouldn't need to. It should be determined by wxWindows/GTK but
perhaps is not. Are you using a build against wxWindow 2.4 per-chance? If
so, please try building again the wxWindows 2.5 tarball on our ftp servers
- it has vastly improved sizing code.
If it's one of our binary builds, then that should already be wx2.5, so in
that case can you email a screenshot showing the problem you have?
Regards, Dave.

Re: pgAdmin3 font behaviour under KDE

From
Jason Godden
Date:
Hi Dave,

I'm using the Mandrake 9.1 rpm build so figured that it would already be wxw
2.5.

Interestingly when I use Galeon in KDE the same problem pops up with regards
to the GTK stuff... even if I tell KDE to apply colors and fonts to non-kde
apps so maybe there's something wrong there - strange cause it's just a
standard Mandrake install - no special stuffs.

I'll try a build from source and let you know.

Rgds,

Jason