PgAdmin3-Error

From
Markus Espenhain
Date:
Hello all!

I have load the RPM-File for SuSE-Linux from
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/suse82/RPMS/pgadmin3-0.1.1-20030627.i386.rpm
After that I installed this RPM by rpm -i pgadmin3-0.1.1-20030627.i386.rpm.
So far so good...
Only by starting pgAdmin3 it crash with the error message "Memory access error" (Speicherzugriffsfehler).

What can I do?

Thanks for answers...

cu Markus

--
Markus Espenhain                         Fon:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 0
ETES - EDV-Systemhaus GbR                Fax:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 50

______________________________________
Inflex - eMail Scanning and Protection
Queries to: postmaster@etes.de

Re: PgAdmin3-Error

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Friday 27 June 2003 12:13, Markus Espenhain wrote:
> I have load the RPM-File for SuSE-Linux from
> http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/suse82/RPMS/pgadmin3-0.1.1-20030627.
>i386.rpm After that I installed this RPM by rpm -i
> pgadmin3-0.1.1-20030627.i386.rpm. So far so good...

Our packages for SuSE-Linux do not work. Wait 2 days before I upload new
packages. Cheers, Jean-Michel

Re: PgAdmin3-Error

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Friday 27 June 2003 12:13, Markus Espenhain wrote:
> I have load the RPM-File for SuSE-Linux from
> http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/suse82/RPMS/pgadmin3-0.1.1-20030627.
>i386.rpm After that I installed this RPM by rpm -i
> pgadmin3-0.1.1-20030627.i386.rpm.

Dear Markus,

Unfortunately, our SuSE 8.2 build host is down for the week-end. The error
probably comes from our wxGTK2U packages for SuSE. On monday, I will try to
rebuild the wxGTK2.5 packages and then recompile pgAdmin3.

Please note it is possible to compile pgAdmin3 from source as explained here :
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/unix_compilation.html?rev=1.10

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

pgAdmin3 packages for SuSE 8.2 available

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Dear SuSE users and Markus,

pgAdmin3 was successfully compiled under GNU/Linux SuSE 8.2.

pgAdmin3 packages are now available from
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/suse82/RPMS/.

Packages were built after upgrading gcc3.3 from
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/gcc33_release.html

pgAdmin3 was tested on our SuSE 8.2 build platform and works fine. Please note
that SuSE indicates:

"C++ code compiled with prerelease version of gcc 3.3 will continue to work
without problems, but C++ code compiled with this release version of gcc 3.3
might not run on a normal 8.2 system. This is due to a new function in
libgcc_s and some new member functions in libstdc++ that might get used in
the compiled code. As both libgcc_s and libstdc++ are downwards compatible,
it suffices to update the packages libgcc and libstdc++ to the new versions."

Therefore, it might not be possible to run pgAdmin3 on a "stock" SuSE 8.2
platform, which may requires updates from
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/gcc33_release.html.

Could someone install pgAdmin3 without SuSE updates and inform us wether it
works or not. Otherwise, we will add the required dependencies to the RPM.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers, Jean-Michel POURE