pgadmin3

From
John Bercik
Date:
Hi,  I installed pgadmin3 but how do i run it ?

rpm -i pgadmin3-0.1.1-20030624.i386.rpm

--
Best regards,

John Bercik

Medical University of South Carolina
bercikj@musc.edu
843-792-1715

Re: pgadmin3

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On 24 Jun 2003, John Bercik wrote:

> Hi,  I installed pgadmin3 but how do i run it ?

rpm -ql pgadmin3|more

shows you the files installed by the pgadmin3 rpm.

Mine is:

/usr/local/pgadmin3/bin/pgAdmin3

Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim@gunduz.org                devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr         http://www.tdmsoft.com
http://www.gunduz.org

Re: pgadmin3

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Tuesday 24 June 2003 15:45, John Bercik wrote:
>  rpm -i pgadmin3-0.1.1-20030624.i386.rpm

The executable is /usr/bin/pgAdmin3

If you want to upgrade snapshots after a future download,
rpm -Uvh pgadmin3-0.1.1-yyyymmdd.i386.rpm

Enjoy.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel

Re: pgadmin3

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Dear Devrim,

> /usr/local/pgadmin3/bin/pgAdmin3
Since Monday, it is now /usr/bin/pgAdmin3 ...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: pgadmin3

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
It's rumoured that John Bercik once said:
> Hi,  I installed pgadmin3 but how do i run it ?
>

> rpm -i pgadmin3-0.1.1-20030624.i386.rpm

I never use rpm's myself, but if Jean-Michel built them as I expect he
did, then the program will be in /usr/local/pgadmin3. From there, the
executable shoud be bin/pgAdmin3 (note the capital A). So, either create a
shortcut to the executable in your preferred Window manager, or type
/usr/local/pgadmin3/bin/pgAdmin3

at the command prompt.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgadmin3