Did NSIS install go anywhere?

From
"Dave Steenburg"
Date:
Hi.  I'm new here.

Back in 2001, Jean-Michel Poure and Dave Page were talking about a full
PostgreSQL installer for Windows using NSIS.

I found this at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2001-09/msg00000.php

Did this project ever go anywhere?  I have been interested in this same kind
of automated installation of PostgreSQL, and if it came packaged with
PgAdmin, this would be all the sweeter.  Yet I see PgAdmin is being
distributed in an .msi format.  Did they give up on trying to make NSIS
work?

Dave

Re: Did NSIS install go anywhere?

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Dave,

That was Jean-Michel's puppy, but I don't think it really went anywhere
at the time. I know Justin Clift has been working on a proof of concept
however - please see http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows if
you are interested.

Regards, Dave.