using wine to run pgadmin

From
Bill
Date:
I saw on the website that someone had successfully installed pgadmin on
linux using Wine but it doesnt mention a specific person.  I tried this
in vain a number of times and finally resorted to running it on win4lin
instead.  If anyone out there has successfully installed it over wine
and would be willing to share the tricks they used to make it happen I'd
greatly appreciate it.

thanks

-bill

Re: using wine to run pgadmin

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Bill,

That was a colleague of mnine who got it running on a Wine installation
using a real Windows partition. We have not got it to run on a Wine only
installation.

We have recently started a rewrite of pgAdmin in C++. This will run
natively on numerous systems including Linux. Code is at
http://cvs.pgadmin.org in the pgadmin3 folder if you're interested.

Regards, Dave.

Update wizard out of date (pgadmin v 1.4.12)

From
"Tom Sandford"
Date:
The update wizard in PgAdmin II v 1.4.12 is showing 7.2.3 as the latest
version of PostgreSQL. However both 7.3.2 and 7.2.4 are now available...

(how does the update wizard "know" what the current versions are, anyway?)

--
Thomas Sandford | thomas@paradisegreen.co.uk