pgadminII and odbc version 7.02.0001

From
"Michael Moehle"
Date:
Hello,

i think i have found a little bug in
pgadminII.
With the newest version of the odbc driver.
When i try
to use the explain in a sql-query pgadmin
claims
about the wrong odbc driver version
(must be higher then 7.01.0006.)

greetings

M.Moehle

MBD-Team Bordesholm
Bahnhofstrasse 41
24582 Bordesholm
m.moehle@nikocity.de

Attachment

Re: pgadminII and odbc version 7.02.0001

From
Dave Page
Date:
Thanks Michael, I've committed a fix (and updated the dev binaries) to CVS
at http://cvs.pgadmin.org.

Regards, Dave.

"Henshall, Stuart - WCP"
Date:
Could some one wrap up a version with this fixed please?
Thanks,
- Stuart

Date:
Download the newest cvs snapshot. It works
great.

Greetings

Michael

go to

http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: pgadminII and odbc version 7.02.0001

From
Dave Page
Date:
I don't think we're in a position to do a release right now - I for one have
some work that must be finished first (bugs in the new code etc).

If you only want to upgrade a small amount of machines, try the snapshot
binaries from http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/binaries/. Use the
'Download Tarball' link and then follow the installation instructions in
README.txt. This snapshot has a couple of bugs that I know of, but nothing
serious - still, use at your own peril.

Regards, Dave.

Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Mercredi 24 Avril 2002 20:34, vous avez écrit :
> Download the newest cvs snapshot. It works
> great.

Dave usually compiles binaries and uploads them on CVS in /binaries folder.
You can download them from the http CVS interface or use WinCVS.

Cheers,
Jean-MIchel

unsubscribe

From
"Shabnam Nisha"
Date:
unsubscribe

Re: pgadminII and odbc version 7.02.0001

From
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP"
Date:
Thanks,
    I didn't realise there was a binary tarball
Cheers,
- Stuart

"Andrew Kaczmarczyk"
Date:
Hello,

I have also noticed this bug and have already downloaded the binaries in the
tarball and read the readme.txt file.

My questions are:

1. If pgAdminII is already installed do I really need to run regsvr32 on
each file?

2. If regsvr32 needs to be run for each file, just want to confirm that you
mean the (1) .ocx, (12) dll's, and the (1) .exe?  (I know the readme says to
do this for each file, but I just want a confirmation before messing with
the registry.)

3. If I need to run regsvr32 on each file from the tarball, will new CLSID
entries be created or will they just be updated with a new version?  (Really
don't want to clutter up my registry if it is going to create new entries.)

4. Will this fix also allow the update wizard to correctly identify the most
current odbc driver available as 7.02.0001?  (It is now showing the most
current driver as version 7.01.0006.)

Thanks for the information and to Dave for creating, supporting, and
maintaining a great tool!

Regards, Andy.

> Thanks Michael, I've committed a fix (and updated the dev binaries) to CVS
> at http://cvs.pgadmin.org.
>
>Regards, Dave.

Hi,

> I have also noticed this bug and have already downloaded the
> binaries in the tarball and read the readme.txt file.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. If pgAdminII is already installed do I really need to run
> regsvr32 on each file?

Probably not all of them, but as the README (and I for that matter)
don't know what classes have changed between the versions you already
have and the versions you're installing it safer to do them all.

> 2. If regsvr32 needs to be run for each file, just want to
> confirm that you mean the (1) .ocx, (12) dll's, and the (1)
> .exe?  (I know the readme says to do this for each file, but
> I just want a confirmation before messing with the registry.)

Not the exe, just the ocx & dll's.

> 3. If I need to run regsvr32 on each file from the tarball,
> will new CLSID entries be created or will they just be
> updated with a new version?  (Really don't want to clutter up
> my registry if it is going to create new entries.)

I really don't know. It depends on what changes are made to the classes
and how VB has decided to register them I suppose. If you're concerned,
just run regsvr32 /u <filename> on each of the old files first.

> 4. Will this fix also allow the update wizard to correctly
> identify the most current odbc driver available as 7.02.0001?
>  (It is now showing the most current driver as version 7.01.0006.)

The fix won't do that, upgrading the ODBC driver will. pgAdmin reads the
version number directly from whatever driver is registered as
'PostgreSQL' (that should be C:\Winnt\System32\psqlodbc.dll or
C:\Windows\System\psqlodbc.dll.

> Thanks for the information and to Dave for creating,
> supporting, and maintaining a great tool!

No problem, glad you like it.

Regards, Dave.