pgagent job failing to halt on failed step

From
Sanket Mehta

There is an issue in current pgagent code as explained below:

Issue:
In batch mode if user creates a job with multiple job steps then if first jobstep gets executed successfully then even if 2nd step is a failure, job will not halt at that point and will complete its execution. which is not the expected result.

Analysis:
The main reason for this issue is that in batch mode, when first step is executed successfully, flag succeeded will be set to true, but when the 2nd step gets failed, its not getting reset to false which is why job does not halt at the same instance and continues executing next steps.

I have resolved this issue and patch is attached with this mail for review.
Please do review the patch and let me know in case anything is missing.
Regards,
Sanket Mehta
Sr Software engineer
Enterprisedb
Attachment

Re: pgagent job failing to halt on failed step

From
Dave Page
Date:
This is what you just committed right Ashesh?

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:36 AM, Sanket Mehta
<sanket.mehta@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is an issue in current pgagent code as explained below:
>
> Issue:
> In batch mode if user creates a job with multiple job steps then if first
> jobstep gets executed successfully then even if 2nd step is a failure, job
> will not halt at that point and will complete its execution. which is not
> the expected result.
>
> Analysis:
> The main reason for this issue is that in batch mode, when first step is
> executed successfully, flag succeeded will be set to true, but when the 2nd
> step gets failed, its not getting reset to false which is why job does not
> halt at the same instance and continues executing next steps.
>
> I have resolved this issue and patch is attached with this mail for review.
> Please do review the patch and let me know in case anything is missing.
> Regards,
> Sanket Mehta
> Sr Software engineer
> Enterprisedb

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgagent job failing to halt on failed step

From
Ashesh Vashi
Date:
Yes.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi