Missing features for 9.1

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Hi guys,

Till now, we found two missing features that are available on 9.1:

 * we don't support HANDLER on FDW,
 * we don't support --no-security-labels on dump/restore dialogs.

Should we add them? we're in beta, so I suppose no. But the missing
HANDLER support is really a pain in the ass. I would agree we don't add
support for the --no-security-labels switch, but I think we should add
HANDLER field support on FDW.

What do you guys think about that?

PS: /me hope the ones at pgcon enjoy their stay :) wish I was with you.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Missing features for 9.1

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
On 05/20/2011 07:21 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Till now, we found two missing features that are available on 9.1:
>
>  * we don't support HANDLER on FDW,
>  * we don't support --no-security-labels on dump/restore dialogs.
>
> Should we add them? we're in beta, so I suppose no. But the missing
> HANDLER support is really a pain in the ass. I would agree we don't add
> support for the --no-security-labels switch, but I think we should add
> HANDLER field support on FDW.
>
> What do you guys think about that?
>
> PS: /me hope the ones at pgcon enjoy their stay :) wish I was with you.

Now that everyone's back at home (for the lucky guys who were at pgcon),
I guess I could get an answer... :)

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Missing features for 9.1

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> On 05/20/2011 07:21 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Till now, we found two missing features that are available on 9.1:
>>
>>  * we don't support HANDLER on FDW,

That seems, umm, essential. I would call that a "no workaround" bug,
and as such, it should be fixed.

>>  * we don't support --no-security-labels on dump/restore dialogs.

Did we add security label support elsewhere? If so, I think this is an
oversight that should be fixed.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Missing features for 9.1

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Le 05/24/2011 10:30 AM, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> On 05/20/2011 07:21 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Till now, we found two missing features that are available on 9.1:
>>>
>>>  * we don't support HANDLER on FDW,
>
> That seems, umm, essential. I would call that a "no workaround" bug,
> and as such, it should be fixed.

OK, will do.

>>>  * we don't support --no-security-labels on dump/restore dialogs.
>
> Did we add security label support elsewhere? If so, I think this is an
> oversight that should be fixed.

Nope, we don't have support for security label in the browser (or
anywhere else).

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr